Chapter 10: Team Up

Tanjiro was now in the train slicing the demon clumps. He heard the sound of lightning not knowing what it was but thought that is was a good thing. He hoped that the other three where awake and defending the train. It was difficult to slice the demon clumps without hurting the people because the train alleyway was narrow.
"Hmmm, it seems like things took a turn while I was having a nap! For sure, for sure!"
Rengoku smiled enthusiastically,
"As a pillar, I am ashamed of myself! If there is a hole, I want to go into it!"
Tanjiro slid back when some of the train cars where lifted up bumpy something. The back of his head hit the back of that car.

When Tanjiro opened his eyes, he spade Rengoku leaning over him. Tanjiro looked at him surprised.
"Rengoku-san...!"
Rengoku started explaining the plan he made to Tanjiro.
"I managed to land some very minor hits slashes before I came here, and I think the demon will take some time to regenerate, but there's no time. I'll speak to you quickly. This train is made up of thirteen cars. Me and Giyuu will protect the back ten, yellow boy and your sister will protect the last three. You and the boar head boy go for the demon's neck."
Tanjiro was suprised. How was he going to cut the demon's neck if he was fused with the train? He had to ask,
"Neck?! But now the demon's-"
Rengoku cut him off and and got into Tanjiro's face.
"It doesn't matter what he looks like! As long as he a demon, he'll have a neck! We pillars are also looking for his weak spot while fighting him! Time to get fired up, boy!"
With that, he scared Tanjiro by booming off to the back cars leave a trail of fire and dust behind him.

Tanjiro was impressed. Rengoku was able to assess the situation and come up with positions and plans easily. Wait, it's not the time.
"INOSUKE WHERE ARE YOU?"
He heard Inoskue's yelling coming from above him saying.
"SHUT UP, I'LL KILL YOU!"
Inosuke started compiling,
"GOOGLY EYES JUST HAD TO BUTT IN...!"
His voice became quieter,
"But somehow...somehow..."
Tanjiro was surprised when Inoskue's suddenly yelled again,
"SOMEHOW HE'S SO COOL. IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH!
Tanjiro dismissed Inosuke's rambling yelled.
"INOSUKE, THE NECK."
Inosuke stopped rambling and responded back.
"I KNOW AND I'LL FIND IT SOON WITH MY FULL FOCUS SEVENTH STYLE."
The seventh style/form of the breath of the heat is called spacial awareness. It allows the user to detect enemy positions by disturbance in the air. Inosuke continued yelling,
"THIS GUY HAS A WEAK SPOT SOMEWHERE...?"
Tanjiro responded showing he was listening and clarified something he was smelling.
"I SEE, I KNEW IT! IS IT UP IN THE FRONT."
"YEAH, UP FRONT!! ANYWAYS THE FRONT PART SMELLS DISGUSTING."
Tanjiro could smell the foul sent, but it was hard to tell where it was coming from because of the direction of the wind. When Inosuke said that, Tanjiro was sure from where the smell was coming from.
"IT'S WHERE THE COAL IS STOCKPILED, ISN'T IT?!"
"RIGHT!"
"GOT IT!"
There was a short pause in Tanjiro's words,
"OKAY, LET'S GO TO THE FRONT!"

Inosuke had busted the roof of the second car open hand jumped into the train. He opened the door to the first car and yelled taking his swords out again.
"WEIRD, WEIRD! ESPECIALLY AROUND HERE."
The conductor sweat and yelled at him,
"WHO ARE YOU? G-GET OUT!"
The conductor steeped in front of Inosuke who was charging forward.
"The demon's neck... his weak spot."
Inosuke was stopped by the sudden sunrise of hands reaching for him. He cut as many as possible, but he wasn't fast enough. There were to many hands aiming for him and they were fast. The hands grabbed onto the boar mask and Inoskue couldn't cut them because the hands were grabbing onto his arms. Before the train could absorbed him, Tanjiro appeared in front of him performing the sixth style of the breath of water, swirling vortex/whirlpool. Tanjiro pinpointed the bad smell that was right under him and informed Inosuke.
"Inosuke the demon's neck is right below us."
"DON'T BOSS ME AROUND! I'M THE BOSS HERE!"
Tanjiro ignored Inosuke's antics,
"FINE!"
With the second fans of the breath of beast, rip and tear, to cut the floor board of the train to see the neck dome of the demon. Tanjiro used the eighth form of the breath of water, waterfall jar/waterfall basin, to cut the demon's neck, but it block with clumps of flesh. The regeneration was quick so every time he cut a piece of the demon, it regenerated. Tanjiro used all of his strongest moves but they weren't enough, so he hands an idea.
"INOSUKE, LET'S PREFORM A COMBO ATTACK AND MAYCH OUR BREATHS TOGETHER! ONE WITH SLICE THE FLESH UP AND THE OTHER WITHH CUT DOWN THE BONE!"
Inosuke responded,
"I SEE! GOOD IDEA! I'LL GIVE YOU SOME PRAISE!"
Tanjiro acted thankful so Inosuke's mural would break,
"THANK YOU! HERE WE GO!"
As soon as their breaths were about to sync, their eyes made contact with multiple others. It was one of Enmu's demon blood art called coerced swooning sleep, eyeballs. In the last seconds he was awake, Tanjiro yelled to cut his neck before falling asleep.

Over and over Tanjiro was put to sleep. Every time he cut his neck in his dreams without hesitation. Inosuke grabbed onto Tanjiro's sword as it rose to his neck.
"THIS ISN'T A DREAM! IT'S REALITY!"
Inosuke cut the incoming hand while giving Tanjiro a pep talk.
"DON'T GET CAUGHT YOU IN ANY TRAPS! DON'T DIE IN A LAME WAY!"

While fighting, Inosuke explained why he didn't fall asleep, or even get infected by the eyes. It was all because he wore is boar mask, and he could see perfectly with it on.
"INOSUKE!"
During the explanation, Tanjiro had noticed that the conductor had started rushing to Inosuke with a small knife pointed at the side of his abdomen. The area was to cramped for Tanjiro to jump between them and knock the conductor out. The only option he had was...
"DON'T GET IN THE WAY TO MY DREAMS!"
Tanjiro had put his back against Inosuke's and took the stab before it came in contact with Inosuke's back. Inosuke became nervous and looked back. Tanjiro made sure to insure Inosuke that he was okay after knocking the conductor out.
"I'M FINE. WE HAVE TO CUT THE DEMONS NECK NOW OR GIYUU-SAN AND THE OTHERS WON'T LAST!"