Chapter 30: Kidnapping, Cross-Dressing, and Demons (1)

"I...this girl...LET US GO!!"
"My god, just shut up."
"Please stop iiiiit!"
"Let them gooo!"
"Ka-Kanao!"
A Hashira was kidnapping girls from Butterfly Mansion. Kanao was the only demon slayer on premises and was the only person with the power that could try and stop him and getting only a little of consequence. Although, her mind was filled with with conflicting thoughts. The higharcy of the demon slayer corps, her friends that were being taken, her teacher, the coin she kept in her pocket. From all of those thoughts, her mind focused on one. The coin in her pocket, she needed to flip the coin to decided what to do.
'Follow your heart.'
A person that comes to her head when she now thinks about flipping a coin. Kanao had already flipped a coin to decide how she was going to make her decisions from now on. She was going to follow her heart no matter what. Kanao built up all the courage she had, and went against orders. She grabbed the girls' clothes stopping the Hashira from moving any further. She grabbed on, and didn't say a word.
"Kanao..."
"Kanao-sama..."
The Hashira looked down at Kanao like she was a little bug in his way. And in his eyes, she really was. A little bug that couldn't hurt him in the slightest.
"Don't pull on me so plainly. You have your orders."
Kanao did have her orders. Her orders to stay put no matter what happened, but her friends were being taken. She wouldn't just leave them to be taken even if it was her superior.

With the silence around the courtyard, the Hashira got annoyed with the underdog grabbing the girls in his arms and saying nothing.
"JUST SAY SOMETING!!! YOU PLAIN, BORING PERSON!!"
With the sudden yell, the girls yelled in fright of the anger bubbling inside his superior. The girls might've been scared but fellow coworkers, friends, were getting kidnapped by someone. Seeing Kanao, a girl who always used a coin to make decisions, show courage by going against her superior gave them the spirt to go save their friends.
"CH-CHAAAARRRRGE!!!!"
All of the scared, crying girls charged towards the Hashira and started climbing on him--weighing him down so he couldn't move even an inch. Although, that didn't actually weigh him down, it was more like he didn't want to cause them any injuries.

"WHAT'RE YOU DOING TO THE GIRLS!! GET YOUR HANDS OFF THEM!!
All of the noise called over a demon slayer that had just returned from a solo mission. The exact slayer that had told Kanao to follow her heart rather that flipping a coin. The only slayer that could reel in the Water Hashira when his emotions overflowed from the box he stuffed them in. Tanjiro Kamado, and right now, his angry face turned into one of confusion. He wondered if it was the girls that were causing harm or the Hashira. That became clear when one of the girl clinging onto the Hashira yelled.
"SAVE THEEEM! IT'S A KIDNAPPIIIINNGG!"
And the way the Hashira yelled at the girl with anger and buffed up his muscles in anger. When it registered in his brain that the Hashira was the one causing this situation to be threatening, he ran as fast as he could and went in for a headbutt. Before he could land the hit, the Hashira had already disappeared leaving the girls on his body to fall onto the ground and Tanjiro in the air. Before the girls hit the ground, Tanjiro positioned himself to be the cushion for one of them and Kanao hugged the other using her arm to protect her. Tanjiro made sure the girl was okay and then heard a voice coming from the fence of the Butterfly Mansion.
"You fool. I am the 'former shinobi' Uzui Tengen-sama. The man is the most flamboyant around these parts. Did you think I would get headbutted by a snot filled brat like you?"
Tanjiro didn't like the look in Uzui's eyes. Looking down at them like little pests--like someone who was, who would never, stand on the same ground as them. Someone who believed that a human could really stand above all living things on Earth. That irritated Tanjiro. It made his blood boil.
"GIVE AOI-SAN AND THE OTHERS BACK!!"
The girls who were thrown off protested with him, and Kanao was behind them raising her hand in the protest. Uzui got mad at them. Yelling at him, disobeying his orders, disobeying their superior.
"YOU DAMN BRATS!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE MOUTHING OFF TO HERE!! I HAVE SUPERIORITY!! I AM A PILLAR YOU JACKASSES!!"
Tanjiro puffed his cheeks and looked at Uzui with complete disrepect.
"I DON'T ACCEPT YOU AS A PILLAR!! HMPH!!"
The open disrespect that Tanjiro was showing only made Uzui pissed off even more.
"DON'T 'HMPH' MEEEE!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T ACCEPT ME!? YOU LOWLY BRAT!! IS YOUR BRAIN COMPLETELY DEAD!? I NEED A GIRL MEMBER ON THIS MISSION, SO I'M BRING THEM ALONG!! I DON'T NEED KOCHOU'S PERMISSION IF THE'RE NOT 'SUCCESSORS'!!"
One of the girls yelled that the girl Uzui was holding under his arms, was a a member of the slayers. Once he heard that, Uzui calmed down and threw the girl to the ground saying that he didn't need her. Tanjiro caught the falling girl and yelled at him. Saying how inhuman he was by dropping the girl off the fence while the same girl was crying over his shoulder.