Work

I was being aggressively shook from my deep slumber and instantly regretted opening my eyes when I saw Axels furious face. I pulled away, accidentally rolling into Mac who was rubbing his eyes. His tired expression soon became fearful once he realised who was stood towering over the both of us.

"What the fuck are you doing?" My brother shouted, glaring down at the pair of us before ripping the covers from us. He looked at me noticing that I was still wearing the exact same thing I'd wore the night before, minus my combat boots. "Oh." He whispered, his tone softening yet the fire behind his eyes remained the same.

"Nothing happened bro, I swear!" Mac promised, slightly wiggling away from me while I nodded in agreement. I could remember everything that had happened the night before, which was surprising considering the amount I had drank, so I knew that he was telling the truth.

"What a pussy." An all too familiar, all too annoying voice chuckled from Macs bedroom door. I scowled at Ace who was leaning against the door frame, smirking at me smugly.

"Hey I ain't no pussy!" Mac defended, silencing the words on my tongue. I was actually about to call him a gentleman. "Trust me man I tried but she was having none of it." He told them, his voice quieting when he spoke once more. "She's a virgin."

I gasped at him, glaring at him furiously in disbelief. I couldn't believe he'd just announced that to everyone, in front of my brother nonetheless. It was something I'd told him when he'd tried to ram his hand into my trousers when we had shared a drunken kiss.

It wasn't long before Axel had dragged Mac from the bed and had pinned him against his bedroom wall by his t shirt. He punched him in the face twice before kneeing him between the legs and letting him crumble to the floor, his face bright red in agony. Axel stared down at him his chest heaving up and down angrily, he moved to kick him but was pulled back by Ace.

"Whoa big guy." He laughed. "I think Mini Mac has had enough for this morning."

Axel allowed his friend to pull him out of the bedroom but not before looking at me and telling me to get out. He didn't have to tell me twice, I'd already picked up my combat boots and was out the door. I didn't feel sorry for Mac as I stepped over him as he writhed on the floor in pain, cradling his Crown Jewels.

"Just what you deserve." I told him before adding a kick of my own to his chest. He groaned at the contact and rolled onto his front.

"Ava!" My brother snapped from outside.

"Coming!" I called back, closing the door behind me and following the two boys back to my brothers room.

"What time is it?" I asked as Ace lazily placed a cigarette between his lips and lit it.

"Twelve." Axel told me looking at the clock that hung in the middle of the hallway. My eyes widened in alarm, I had work in two hours.

"Oh shit." I gasped, trying to push past Axel as he stood in my path.

"Where do you think your going in such a hurry?" He asked. "You think your off the hook?"

I scoffed before pushing his hands from my shoulders and finally pushing past him. "I have work at two." I told him.

"And you're not going!"

His words stopped me mid stride and I spun on my heel to face him, a scowl gracing my face. "Erm yes I am. Im already sleeping here, I'm not staying here all day."

"No. You stay here all day and night, you don't step outside of those walls."

"What shift are you working?" Ace interrupted, blowing smoke in my direction. Axel looked at him incredulously as if he couldn't believe that Ace was actually considering letting me go to work.