We're going to war

I'd slept until the evening and so had Ronan, I'd woke up to being held against his body. I was mortified when I'd realised I'd dribbled on his chest, I peeled my face from his chest using the sleeve of my jumper to wipe it away as gently as I could without waking him. He stirred slightly but I managed to do it. I tried to wriggle free from his grasp but his arm only pulled me closer, like an iron band around my waist. "Stop moving." He grumbled, his voice deeper than usual. "Sleep for a little bit longer."

"I'm not tired anymore." I whispered and he opened one eye, looking down at me while I lay back down against his chest.

"Turn over." He told me and I arched my eyebrow, confused with his request. He opened both his eyes this time before using his hands to roll me onto my side, he put one arm beneath my pillow using his other hand to pull my back against his front before wrapping it tightly around my waist.

"What are you doing?" I asked. His hand that was around my waist slipped beneath my jumper making me Yelp ever so lightly but he didn't move it any higher than my stomach. He rested his palm against it before pressing a kiss to the back of my head.

"Go back to sleep." He complained. I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." I frowned not understanding how he'd seen that from the position I lay in.

"How on earth did you know?" I questioned, finally resting my head on the pillow with a pout. He chuckled, the sound vibrating my back and making me feel a little warmer than I had before.

"It's just an Ava thing to do." He concluded and I scoffed incredulously although on the inside I was laughing along with him. His arm tightened around me again, quickly squeezing me before it relaxed. "Now go to sleep."

"I'm not tired Ronan." I groaned and he sighed, his breath moving some strands of hair from atop my head. He moved his arm from beneath my jumper and I fought back a shiver from the sudden loss of contact before he pointed towards my beside table.

"Play on your phone then."

"Can I at least sit up?" I asked him and I felt him shake his head. I groaned aloud, picking up my phone and unlocking it. I had two missed calls and three text messages. The numbers that had called me I didn't recognise and if it wasn't for the fact they were mobile numbers I'd of worried that it had been the hospital number. Both of the numbers had text me and the third was from Tahlia. I opened her message first, still talking to Ronan even though I knew he wanted to sleep. "How are you so tired? You've slept just as much as me."

"No I haven't." He argued, sounding half asleep and I realised he must've been close to falling back to sleep before I interrupted him. "I couldn't sleep knowing Cain might not make it through the night so I stayed up and sorted through some stuff with the club, had a shower before you got up."

It made me smile that he was worried about Cain just as much as me, it made me feel like they'd formed a friendship. I know the few times I'd been around them both that they'd gotten on like a house on fire and it comforted me for some odd reason. "Can I sit up?" I asked him, flinching when I nearly dropped my phone. His arm pulled me against him.

"No." He deadpanned. "I can't sleep when I'm not next to you."

I scoffed. "So you haven't been sleeping for the last three years?" He nuzzled his face into my hair and I could tell that all he wanted to do was go to sleep but I didn't like being quiet sometimes.

"Barely." He mumbled. "I used to sleep in here so I could feel close to you and since you've come back I haven't been sleeping so right now I'm catching up." I sighed, a smile tugging the corners of my lips upwards before I focused on Tahlias message.

T: just woke up god I feel like shit lol. dad told me ab Cain he's gonna be fine Ava Chris said the hospital he's going to is "remarkable". Don't visit just yet I'm so out of it, I don't even want dad here but he refuses to leave even tho he needs to sleep. Txt u when im up tomorrow and u can bring me breakie, love u xxxxx