Chapter 3

Jinkyung

I woke up and noticed that it wasn't by my alarm. I looked at my bedside table and saw that it was 6:55am, over 20 minutes before my alarm would ring. For some reason, I felt wide awake so I just got out of bed and went to go shower. Once I finished my shower, I brushed my teeth and did my skincare. I usually do my makeup and hair after I get changed, so I dried my hair and went back to my room. The outfit I picked out was a navy blouse with a white collar and cuffs, a white lace skirt, and a red and navy bow along with a sheer white bow. I also wore black stockings. I went to my vanity and did a fancier makeup look than usual. I wouldn't normally wear eyeliner or a bold lipstick, but today, since it's such a special occasion, I wanted to look my best. I went back to the bathroom, plugged in my curling iron, and curled my hair at the ends. I tied my hair half up half down and wore another white bow in the ponytail. I looked at the time and it was 7:30, so I had a lot of time on my hands.

Since I don't usually eat breakfast and I'm probably going to be on my feet for the whole day, I went downstairs to make breakfast. I had fried rice, eggs, kimchi, dumplings, and cucumber soup. I also drank some peach tea so that I can stay energized throughout the whole day. Once I was finished eating, I brushed my teeth again and went to my closet to choose my bag for today. I decided that I don't need a purse, so I grabbed a clutch and filled it with everything that I need. I put in a perfume rollerball, lip tint, chapstick, mascara, my wallet, and my phone. I checked the time again and it was only 8:00 and Sooyeon was coming in 30 minutes.

Thirty minutes go by and Sooyeon is already here. I put on my perfume, grab my clutch, go downstairs and wear my black high heels. I lock up my house, grab my keys, and go into Sooyeon's car. She greets me nicely and begins driving to the meeting location. My stomach was starting to turn and Sooyeon noticed quickly.

"I can tell you're nervous because you haven't been acting for a while, but once you meet Lee Eungbok and your cast, you'll remember how this works and get used to it again." Sooyeon smiles and I nod, looking out the window.

"Wait, today, I'm meeting my male lead right? And you said he's an idol?" I ask, Sooyeon nods.

"Do you really not know who it is?" I ask and Sooyeon nods again.

"You'll meet him soon. We're five minutes away." Sooyeon announces and I start to get more nervous.

As an actress, I try to be friends with all of my costars, even the small cameos. There hasn't been a single time where our cast didn't get along, but I'm scared of what will happen if one day I'm in a cast that isn't very friendly. The first person I try to get close to as a female lead is the male lead. Since we're going to be in many scenes together and probably have some intimacy, I need to at least be comfortable with them first. I'm usually paired up with experienced and sweet guys as my love interest, so hopefully this is the same situation.

Once we got to the company building, Sooyeon helped me out of the car and led me to the meeting room. There was nobody inside and it was just the two of us. We sat down behind our name tags and waited patiently for everyone to follow. The door opens after we sit down and it's Lee Eungbok. Sooyeon and I immediately get up and bow, he smiles and comes to shake the both of our hands.

"The legendary actress, Shim Jinkyung. It's a pleasure to meet you." Lee Eungbok bows and I bow again.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. Thank you so much for giving me this role. I promise I will carry it out well." I say and he nods, sitting down at the front of the table.

More people started coming in and I noticed some familiar faces. This is an entirely new cast of many young actors around my age, and there was only one person missing, my male lead. We were all getting nervous since it was 9:05am and the meeting was supposed to start five minutes ago. We were sitting in silence and I kept looking around and making eye contact with the supporting actors. We would smile and look away and wait patiently for the male lead. It was almost 9:10 and Lee Eungbok just cleared his throat and started the meeting.

"As we wait for our male lead, I will introduce myself. Hello, I'm Lee Eungbok. Many of you may know me as the director of "Descendants of the Sun" and "Sweet Home". I'm very excited to work with everyone since I picked out each and every one of you myself. Let's start introducing ourselves, beginning with our female lead." Lee Eungbok says and we all clap. He points to me and I stand up and bow.

"Hello, I'm Shim Jinkyung. I'm very happy to be here and I can't wait for this drama." I introduce myself and everyone claps.

"Hello, I'm Lim Sooyeon, Jinykung's man-"

"We're sorry for being late." Two men come in and we all just stare at them. The male lead sits down in the seat with the name tag and his manager follows. I look at him and notice that he's Yunho from ATEEZ. The same group that my best friend, San, is from. Sooyeon continues introducing herself and soon it's Yunho and his manager's time to introduce themselves.

"Hello, I'm Jeong Yunho. I'm an idol in the group ATEEZ and I can't wait to work with everyone." Yunho stands up and introduces himself.

"Thank you everyone. Now, I know that everyone is very curious about the plot of the drama, but unfortunately, that is the purpose of our next meeting tomorrow. But my staff and I have prepared a slideshow on what to expect. Please give us a couple of minutes to set up." Mr. Lee says and gets up, setting the projector and screen up with his assistants. All of the actors just look around again and I try to avoid eye contact with Yunho. He knows who I am because I'm always with San but I've never met him formally yet. Never in a million years would I guess that one of my best friend's teammates is my love interest. I just have to stay professional.

After he finished the slideshow after about 30 minutes, he hands all of us a paper that had information about our characters such as their personality and all of that. We ended the meeting here and everyone left the room slowly. However, Mr. Lee wanted Yunho and I to stay behind, without our managers. Now it was just the three of us, standing in a small circle.

"The reason I chose the both of you is because I believe that both characters reflect a small part of your guys' personalities. Ms. Shim, you're known to be quiet and mysterious, which leads to many fans falling in love with your charm. And Mr. Jeong, you're good at everything and you're passionate about everything you do. I will rely on you two to portray these characters well." Mr. Lee says and we nod. He bows to us and leaves the room, leaving just Yunho and I.

"You're San's friend, right?" Yunho asks and I nod, still trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"I'm Yunho, by the way. I don't think we've met." Yunho holds out his hand and I shake it.

"I'm Jinkyung. I look forward to working with you." I say and Yunho smiles.

"Me too... um... I'll see you tomorrow?" Yunho says awkwardly and I laugh, nodding.

"I'll get going." He says and waves one last time before leaving the room. That was nice of him to introduce himself, but why am I all of a sudden feeling nervous again?

-
jinykung's outfit!

-jinykung's outfit!