Chapter 7

Jinkyung

We were at our second script reading and Yunho was late again. Mr. Lee was disappointed since the meeting should've started at exactly nine, but it's already 9:15am and if Yunho isn't here by 9:30, we'll just start without him. I looked around and everyone looked worried. I was worried about Yunho too since he was just fine when we went to dinner that one day. I just looked down at my hands and played with my nails because I was so nervous. I wanted Yunho to come immediately so that Mr. Lee won't cancel his role and find someone else. Yunho is doing amazing already and we haven't even read the second half of the script. There's no way Mr. Lee can find someone better than Yunho for Bang Junseo, there's just nobody else who can portray this role better. The clock hits 9:20am and Yunho opens the door out of breath. Everyone sighs in relief and Mr. Lee just laughs, telling Yunho to stop apologizing and catch his breath. Yunho bows to everyone as he comes to sit next to me. I hand him his script and he smiles and thanks me.

The second half of the drama is definitely the most emotional, so Mr. Lee told us to try not to cry and we laughed. In the second half, this is when Yunho and I's characters become close and eventually fall in love with each other. I'm used to having a love interest so I know the emotions I have to portray when expressing my love to Yunho in the drama. I was impressed with Yunho's acting because he was doing amazing. He actually made me believe that he was in love with me. I can't believe this is his only role. He's literally a natural at this.

"You're spending so much time with that weird girl, how come you're not at practice?" Song Geonhee, who plays Kang Sungyeol, Junseo's teammate, asks. Yunho has to stay silent at this part since the context is that his whole basketball team is mad at him for skipping practice to hang out with Jayoon.

"Weird girl? Ryu Jayoon? Junseo. If you're so desperate for a girlfriend, just date anyone else. She's too weird for you." Another teammate laughs.

"How could you say that about someone you don't even know?" Yunho asks and the guys laugh.

"When did you get so defensive over a girl? Don't you see it? She's just trying to use you. There's no way you're attracted to a girl who looks like-"

"A girl who looks like what? Do you really wanna finish that sentence?" Yunho asks angrily and I look up and Mr. Lee smiling.

"Whatever, Junseo. If you're going to keep acting like this, then you're off the team." Geonhee says and Yunho scoffs.

"I guess I'm off the team then." Yunho says. Mr. Lee tells them to stop and starts to clap. We all clap along and I look at Yunho who's looking at me, smiling and blushing. Yunho blushes so much when he's near me, I definitely do the same thing when I'm not familiar with someone so I don't blame him.

"Yunho, Geonhee, that was amazing. I can't wait to see that in the drama. Next scene, Jinkyung, you're waiting for Yunho outside and Yunho, you're upset because of what they said. Jinkyung, you have to keep asking Yunho questions as to why he quit the team and if he made the right decision or not. Yunho, you're already in love with Jinkyung, make it obvious in this scene." Mr. Lee explains and Yunho and I nod along. He signals me to start whenever I'm ready.

"It's almost 6pm.. where's Junseo?" I ask to myself. There's a moment of silence which is for Yunho to enter the scene and once he does, he sighs heavily.

"Oh Junseo. Are you okay?" I ask Yunho. He just ignores me and there's more silence to show how upset Yunho is.

"Junseo... Junseo!" I call out to him.