Chapter 6

Yunho

I invited Jinkyung out to dinner to practice our lines but instead we're here at an arcade. During dinner, we really bonded over how we liked to play games on our free time whether it's on our phones or PC cafés, so I just decided to take her here. My manager dropped me off to Namsan Tower, so Jinkyung drove us to an arcade. We were playing a bunch of games and just enjoying ourselves. We played driving games, fighting games, all of them, it was the most fun I've had in a while. Once we were tired, I suggested that we rest at the nearby beach since it was almost 10pm and nobody is there. Jinkyung agreed and we walked over to the beach and took our shoes off to run in the sand.

The both of us rolled the bottom of our jeans up so that we can test out the water and it was super cold so we just laughed and went to sit down on the sand. Our feet were covered in sand and in the moment, neither of us cared. We were just having an amazing time together, bonding even before the show starts filming. We have our second script reading on Friday, so Jinkyung and I have a lot of free time on our hands. My manager told me to practice only from 7am to 9pm since I have to go to bed early almost every night now and get out of the house early. I was thankful for this because my members understood and they just let me do whatever. San was still upset that they chose me to act with Jinkyung instead of him, but I reassured him and told him he could visit anytime.

I looked over at Jinkyung and she was admiring the night sky. The stars filled the night sky and they were lighting up Jinykung's eyes. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her for some reason. It was like this when we first met. I felt like I didn't want to be away from her. Something about Jinkyung makes me feel like I have nothing to worry about, she makes me feel at peace and she helps me find my inner self. She's super friendly, sweet, and laid-back and she's different from Semmi. Speaking of Semmi, I finally blocked her and she hasn't made an effort to do anything about it, so I just assumed that she finally accepted our breakup. I was still looking at Jinkyung admiring the stars. I didn't notice that I was admiring Jinkyung. She turned in my direction and I felt my heart pound and my face turn red, she smiled and pointed to a couple of stars.

"Isn't the sky so pretty? I wish it always looked like this." She said and I turned my attention towards the sky. I was so busy looking at her, that I didn't notice how beautiful the sky looked. But still, nothing compared to what's right next to me.

"Beautiful." I say, looking at her again. She smiled and laughed, thinking I was talking about the sky.

What was I doing? I can't possibly fall for her. She's San's best friend, my co-star, and she's out of my league. I can't even think about dating again because of Semmi. She gave me such trauma that I don't think I can ever get into another relationship again. Also, I'm still early into my career and I can't ruin it by dating Jinkyung. I can't ruin Jinkyung's career either since she told me she's been acting for a long time and it's her dream to be as big as Park Shinhye or Song Hyekyo one day. But I can't deny the way that I feel when I'm with her. Whenever I was with Semmi, I felt like I was always scared and exhausted. She gave me no motivation and no energy. All she did was stress me out and I can't have that negative energy in my life. But Jinkyung, she's just herself. She's different from Semmi in so many ways. I don't know if it's the fact that she's one year older than Semmi, but she's way more mature and understanding. Ever since I met Jinkyung, she hasn't left my mind. I can't tell anyone this ever. Especially San.

"I used to come to the beach with my members a lot. This may not be the same beach, but being here at this hour is really nostalgic for me." I break the silence and Jinkyung looks at me and smiles.

"That's amazing. I can tell ATEEZ has a special bond that you can't get these days. I admire all eight of you. You're all such role models." Jinkyung says and I smile, looking away to avoid her seeing my cheeks blush.

"I was always a fan of the sea. Before I wanted to be an actress, I wanted to be a mermaid. Which is funny because my first role was a commercial with mermaids in it." Jinkyung laughs and I do too, looking back in her direction.

"Oh! I watched "Imitation" recently. That was your first time acting? I swear you were probably an actor in your past life." Jinkyung says and I smile.

"Thank you. That's a huge compliment coming from you. There are many child actors who eventually give up, but I admire you for staying with this dream because look at how far you've gotten." I smile and Jinkyung looks away, probably doing the same thing I did. I smile and look at the water, placing my hands behind me and sighing.

"Thank you. You know, I think that this drama is going to be the best one I've filmed." She says and I widen my eyes. That's honestly a huge compliment. Jinkyung has been popular since she was young and I've only been in the industry for three years. Her saying that this drama that she's filming with me is the best in her career is the biggest compliment I've ever gotten. I smiled and looked at her again. This time, she looked at me back.

I wish I can open my heart, but Semmi is ruining it all.

-