Intrusive Thoughts

You drive home feeling empty and lost of thought. It's like the world just completely collapsed on you.

You finally make it home and parked in front of your house. The lights were still on inside.

Having no energy to get out, you just sat in your car in silence and rests your head on the wheel.

More tears were flowing, but you couldn't help it. You hear a knock on the window.

Sora was looking at you through the window confusingly. "What's wrong?" he mouthed.

You didn't say anything. The only thing that's on your mind right now is Nate's death.

Sora noticed your tears and opens your door. "Baby, what's the matter? Why are you crying?"

The tears were flowing even more. "Sora...he..." He unstrapped your seatbelt and brings you into his arms.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, I'm right here." You hugged him tightly, making his shirt wet with your tears.

He massages your scalp. "Tell me what happened. Did someone hurt you?"

His thoughts

'Because if someone did, I'll have no problem burying them alive.'

"No...my friend just died yesterday," you cried. "Your friend...?" He asked. "Yeah...it was...sniff...Nate."

"Aw, baby. I'm sorry...poor thing. I know how much it hurts." He kisses your forehead.

Your crying was keeping you from letting out a sentence. "...I...can't." You clench onto Sora.

"Shh, I know. Just breathe. Let's go inside because it's about to rain."

He takes you out of the car and carries you to the house. He sits you on the couch.

"Stay right here, I'm bringing you blankets." He goes to the bedroom.

You take off your work clothes, leaving you with just your long sleeve T-shirt and underwear.

"Here, baby." Sora wraps you up in your favorite blanket and hugs you.

"I'm sorry this happened. I can't imagine how your feeling right now, but I'm always here for you."

He wipes your face. "Cry as much as you need to. I don't want you holding back any tears, okay?"

You shook your head. Sora rests your head on his chest. "It hurts to see you this way. I'd do anything to make you happy again..."

His thoughts

'Those tears...you cry for him. You don't ever cry for me like that. He wanted you for himself and now you're sad that he's gone? Do you need him more than me? Am I not doing enough for you? I make you happy, don't I? Those tears are supposed to be for me. So why-'

"OW! What the hell, Sora? That hurts!" He loosens his grip. "Shīt, sorry...I just..."

He notices the cuts he left on your arm from his nails. "Fūck, why did I do that..."

You pull down your sleeve. "Why did you dig your nails into my skin? I'm bleeding."

Sora stares at the blood on his fingers and the speed of his breathing changes. "I...um."

His thoughts

'Why the fūck did I do that? Why am I feeling this way right now? I can't control my head. I'm having intrusive thoughts...'

You start to feel uneasy and stand up from the couch. "Um...well I'm gonna get something to cove-"

"NO!" He snatches you back on the couch. The volume of his voice leaves you tense.

His breathing became heavier. "I'll...um...I'll get the bandages for you, so stay here...stay here."

He wraps you back in your blanket and goes to the bathroom. His sudden mood change is frightening you.

"What the fūck..."

Continue >>