Meet Kobe

Kobe locks his eyes with yours and almost forgets his greeting. He blinks and clears his throat.

"Ah shīt, um..welcome to BakeHone- dammit, I mean HoneyBakes. Would you like to try our daily pastry samples?"

"Yes please! Yes please!" You're too distracted by your craving of sweets that you forget all about the hiring.

"Aight, I gotchu. One minute." He picks up a sample plate. "Here, we have Oreo cheesecake bites."

"Thank you!" You take one off the plate and bite into it. It was so fresh, you could taste all the ingredients. "Mmm!"

"Take another, if you want," he offers. You take another cube and dance with joy. "Sooo goood!"

He smiles at you and decides to show off. "Yup, I know they good. I made em' myself, haha."

Sora's jealousy grows bigger as Kobe makes conversation with you. You turn to him. "Sora, want one?"

His thoughts

'Why are you calling me by actual name instead of 'babes' or 'baby'? Too scared to admit that you belong to me? Hell no, I'll let him know who's girl he's fùckin with.'

"Yeah," Sora holds your chin up and bites a piece of cheesecake out of your mouth as a way of saying 'she's mine, bītch' to Kobe.

"I meant the cheesecake in my hand, babes," you said trying not to blush. "Oops, oh well," he smiles.

His thoughts

'That's right, call me babes. Let him know that you're taken by me, your husband. I hope you lookin, motherfùcker.'

Kobe turns around and snickers. Sora immediately notices. "What's funny?"

Kobe pretends not to hear him and asks "Is there anything I can help y'all with today?"

As you finish the cheesecake, you remember what you're here for. "Oh! I heard this place was hiring..."

Kobe rises his eyebrows. "Yuh, we're hiring. You wanna...work here?"

"I do! Is your manager here?" He gets another opportunity to show off again. "Yeah, I'm right here, haha."

"Oh sorry, haha." He looked so young, you weren't expecting him to be the manager.

"You don't gotta be sorry. People ask me all the time. What's yo name?" He leans on the counter.

"I'm Y/n," you turn to Sora and hug him. "And this is my husba-"

"Sup, Sky," Kobe interrupted. Sora gives him the side eye and turns back away with no response.

Kobe starts laughing. "Yo āss still hate me? I thought we were over this, dawg."

You felt lost. "Wait, you and Sora know each other? He sighs. "Yeah, from highschool. He hates me. Ayo, Sky."

Sora flips him off and walks away. Kobe shrugs. "See? Anyways, lemme get the papers, I'll be right witchu." He heads to the backroom again.

You turn to Sora. "Why do you hate him? He's seems nice." Sora stares out the window. "Exactly."

"Don't jump into conclusions, babes. That's his job. He can't make money if he's grumpy."

"He better keep his distance then." He gets a call from his boss. "I gotta take this. Are you gonna be okay, baby?"

"Go ahead. I'll be fine," you reassured. "Alright, scream if he does anything to you, got it?"

You roll your eyes. "Babes, just go." He kisses you and heads on to the door to take the call.

Kobe returns with papers. "Annnd here I am. Let's sit over here. This'll only take 10 minutes."

You take a seat across from him near the window. "We've been looking for someone to hire for a good minute. Ready?"

Continue...