Chapter 2: Dropping and begining

Cherry's POV

After a while, we were given some type of device for dropping which I secured to my belt. Then the screen in the ship turned on and everyone looked up intently.

"Participants of the Apex Audition Games, this is our first audition event so we hope all goes well. Be grateful no one needed prior knowledge to enter this game... Teams are optional, however, only the last one standing wins and those who show amazing performance will also be considered for secondary placement. As of this moment, you will be recorded live and broadcast not only to the examiners but to everyone who wishes to see your performance. All requested skills and abilities sent in via application were approved, so as soon as you land they should activate. Now, have fun, and good luck." The TV said to us.

Not long after, the floor of the ship began to move and open which showed us an island below surrounded by water.

"Begin!" It said and people froze for a second because some realized this was now real. Then without another thought, some began to jump. Others like the kid from earlier hesitated not sure they wanted to jump.

I examined the terrain below and decided on where to fall. Before I did though I looked at the kid who was backing away from the edge.

I sighed and held my hand out to him. "This is what you've been training for right? We are all here for different reasons, but getting this far and backing down....it's not worth it. Just put some faith in yourself, kid." I said to him since we were the last on the ship and we were approaching the edge of the island. We won't make it if we don't jump soon.

He looked afraid but realized I was right and for a second didn't want to but he subconsciously took my hand. I immediately jumped off with him.

Our jet packs activated once we were dropping and he was freaking out while squeezing my hand tightly. I took him to an area where we would get fairly good items, but where others haven't dropped.

When we landed I noticed he almost fell so I grabbed him. "It's none of my business but, you did train right?" I asked him as I looked around the area for others.

"Of course I did, but I didn't think the landings would be so...scary." He looked around cautiously. "Well, you're gonna see more, so you should prepare yourself. Good luck. I can't hold your hand the rest of the way." I said motioning to my hand. He let me go and looked to the side.

"We are being broadcasted, so even if you don't win, don't embarrass yourself," I said as I turned and left him in this area with all the items because I was gonna make my way to another area.

After a bit of running and checking my surroundings, I made it to a cage-looking tower. I made my way around the building and noticed no one was here yet.

I quickly ran through the tower and got fairly simple items. I had a Level 2 body shield, as well as a med kit and syringes with 2 shield batteries.

I even found a spitfire but not much ammo, and an R-301 which I had plenty of ammo for. I left the premises quickly before others came in and while I ran I heard a happy beep telling me my ultimate was charged up.

I instinctively slid to a bush after hearing some gunfire. I held my spitfire in my arms and reached for the sides of my goggles closer to the sound amplifiers on my ear.

I turned the volume up and heard the firing coming from the area I left the kid. Well, I'm pretty sure he's dead, but maybe I can get some kills.

A mischievous grin came to my face as I made my way over. I hid by a tree nearby and adjusted my goggles. I looked through my scoop and saw the kid alive, hiding behind a boulder, while 2 others tried to shoot at him.