Chapter 5

As we walked on the back road, zombies were no where.
"This is strange" I said, "There are no zombies anywhere."
We kept out our guns and check behind us every so often.

As the zombies came close to us, we shot them, making more come at us. We knew that we had to get back to where it all started. But, the cocky scienetists were waiting. Trying an antidote, they would say.  Most of them would never work. I was the only half zombie, and half human, they wanted me to die, and also live.

It was the end of the all of us, and only I can stop it.

I sighed. 

"Are you alright?" said a voice.

I turned, and there they were. Those crappy cocky scientists.

"No thanks to you" I muttered under my breath, "I have been fine without your stupidtity. Now my siblings will know about you and then I will die."

"That is not how it works, dear Jessica. You are a special human."

I rolled my eyes, "Everyone says that these days? Then go back to when it FIRST HAPPENED!"

The scientists started to walk. There used to be ten, but now there was a little less than half their orignal numbers.

This was it. This is where I am going to have pain and have no pain.

The end is coming towards the zombies.

But what does that have to do with me? I thought, glaring at all the dirty, worn out scientists.

The scientists were old, probably in their fifties or sixties. Their lab coats that were white were now a ducty color. Their black pants had holes, rips, and dust. Their shoes, well, they didn't have them.

Am I the only one for the cure to end this madness?