Chapter 1

I walked to where my grandpa laid still.
I remembered the vived moment where he sacrifed himself for saving me, James, Katilia, and Martin.
Flashback
I screamed "NOOOOOOoOoOOoOoo"
I watched from the abandoned apartment building and witnessed his brutal death.
I ran down 16 flights of stairs and ran to help him.
By the time I was there, he was dead and I ran towards the hoard of zombies.
"GET AWAY FROM HIM" I screamed and shot the zombies.
As I did so, I dropped down next to him.
"No." I cried.
I pulled out my knife and stabbed him in the head.
I got up and pulled his body up what felt like 10 million flights of stairs.
End of Flashback
I left the room where his body laid still.
As I walked, James came up to me and said "You went and saw him, didn't you"
I nodded sadly
James was the second youngest, only 9, yet he sounded so mature.
As I walked down the hallway and saw baby Martin. I smiled because he was the last born person since the apocalypse happened.
"Katilia!" I yelled "Get everyone to apartment room 3F"
"Ok" she yelled and ran off to get everyone.

I walked down the corridors of the floor. Dead bodies of zombies laid on the ground, to the side.

When I got to the room, I saw all of my family.
"We're going to be leaving this apartment building to find a group. We are running low on food and we need weapons" I said, laying down 13 sniper ammunition.
"Katilia, did you hear me?" I asked
"Yeah, leaving to group up with others"
"Good. We're leaving in a week. Pack what you must" I said
-----------
A/N How did you like the first chapter? I am sure am psyched for the start of this book. Tell me if you would want it to have more books like this by voting and commenting!

See us Kats
KatKendra