The outside world

A/N - this chapter will contain flashbacks, so hope you enjoy!!!

It was finally the time where y/n was allowed out, she had her bag on her back, filled with any money and food she might need. "You got everything?" A man walked into the room, blonde hair spilling out of his green and white bucket hat. "Yes sir! So, where are we off to today Phil?"

"I was thinking we could go to the park! Or go check out the ruins of Snowchester?" The girl looked at him in shock, "but...but you never me go see anything like that, let alone Snowchester. I think we should go to the park!" She grabbed the nearest book from the library and shouted up the stairs, "bye dad, bye techno!"

Y/n skipped out humming her favourite song,
"Y/n, please slow down." Phil said, running to catch up with her. "Never!!!!" She screamed and started running, fields passed by, houses gone in a flash all until she came to the park entrance. "Ha, guess Dream really taught you well." She turned to see one of her fathers oldest friends.

"Bad! I've missed you so much!!!" She pulled him into a tight embrace, "ok, ok," he struggled to escape as y/n kept hugging him tighter. "You've grown so much since I last saw you! How long has it been, two, three months?"

"Y/n please don't run off like that ever again, oh, hey bad!" Bad finally managed to struggle out of her grip, "Bad, I'm sorry, but y/n and I really need to be heading off, we've got a lot to do!"

"Oh, don't worry, it was lovely seeing you!" He walked off, "so, what's the plan? Ready to lose another race to me?" He burst into laughter, "yeah, that won't be happening!"

Y/n POV -

As soon as he finished his sentence I started running, I was not planning on letting Phil win. "I DIDN'T SAY GO!" The air flew against my face, it was almost like I could feel it calling for me, begging me to push harder, go faster. I'll never understand why I'm only allowed out once a week, I just want to help people.

"Y/n, wait up!" I couldn't hear Phil anymore, how far away from him was I? Maybe I should stop, go back? No, I'd only just escaped that life, I couldn't go back so soon. 15 years, 52 visits outside a year, 6 days of waiting each week. Each day all I could do was look outside and imagine what life would be like outside.

I could just look out my room, reading, singing to myself, watching the outside world move and grow. People always come and go, for me, friends are always like clouds, there one minute, then go as if what we had meant nothing.

*Flashback*

"Daddy, daddy, look who I met! Her name is Niki! Can she come back to the castle?"

*Flash*

Tears covered the white-tiled kitchen. Everyone was gone, no friends, only traitors.

*Flash*

"Dad, look, meet Purpled! He's my new friend!"

*Flash*

He was gone, just like everyone else.

*Flash*

"Techno, where's dad, I need to tell him something!"

*Flashback over*

Tears ran down my face, it was all coming back, all the things I thought meant nothing, somehow meant everything. "Y/n, are you ok?" I turned to see Phil, guess I wasn't as far away from him as I thought. "N-n-no" that was the last thing I could fathom, before I fell to the floor and everything went black.