Forgiveness and a great start!

Dream's POV
I had so many questions, where had my daughter gone? Why hadn't I told the truth? Why did Wilbur want peace? What was Wilbur's plan? Why weren't Tommy and Wilbur next to each other?

To answer the first one, I'd checked every single room except one. Her room... I probably should have checked there first, but it may be a bit late now. The other questions would have to wait, she was all that mattered right now. "Y/n."

"Hello Dream." She said quietly in a monotone voice, "what can I do for you?" She asked through gritted teeth, refusing to look at me. "I just wanted to apologise-" She grinned, finally turning to me, "hooray, now you've said sorry, everything's ok!"

"Can you just listen to me for a second?" Her gaze lowered again, smile long gone. "Go ahead." This was probably going to be my last chance, I had to do this right. "The reason I lied, was because... when... when you were little I was your hero, you always said that you didn't need a mom, because you had me, and that was enough. I- I couldn't tell you, I couldn't lose that look you always gave me, I couldn't make you see me as a villain."

"Dad, I would never change how I see you, you are my hero, and always will be." She looked up and me, "but if you'd just told me, we might've been closer." She got up and gave me a hug, this was nothing like how I'd expected it to go, "how'd I ever end up with a daughter like you?" She giggled, "I know I'm very awesome!"

"I wouldn't go that far!" She frowned, "but, I have two more early gifts! One, you can go out whenever you like, and talk to whoever you like, but techno and Phil will be going with you twice a week." She nodded, smiling. "Two" I reached up to my neck, pulled the collar down of my jumper and grabbed the necklace I'd been wearing. "This is a gift your mother gave to me when you were born, she told me that on your 16th birthday, I should give it to you"

The next day...

Y/n's POV

I've been waiting for this day since I was a kid, finally, the day I'd finally be allowed to go out where and whenever I like. It's my 16th birthday! I've been up since 5 o'clock, it's now 9 and all I've done is, reading and dreaming about what might happen today. Yes, the gifts were obviously a big part of birthdays, but honestly, I had enough already.

I heard a knock at my door, "can I come in?" The husky morning voice of my father, the man who I'd now known for 16 years. "Of course!"
He entered wearing a lime hoodie, which was far too big for him, somehow already covered in mud, and jeans. "How long have you been up?" In our house, I'd been waking up super early on my birthday for years, "since 5!" I smiled at him, "of course you have, come on, get ready, they're waiting for you!" He walked out, leaving me to get ready.

Now, we have to decide what to wear! I looked around my wardrobe, hmmm, favourite clothes? YES!

(Time for some options! Or just choose what you like, yes I have an obsession with the colour yellow, what of it?

Option 1 - )

I reached into my wardrobe and grabbed my yellow cropped jumper,