The First Burn

And that was the last thing Wilbur said before disappearing into the night...

Y/n POV -

"Warning. Warning. Wilbur Soot is on the loose. Wilbur Soot, a convict, has been charged with crimes of murder and kidnapping. If you spot this man please alert the royal guard immediately."
Was what I could hear through the window as Sapnap made an announcement to the citizens of Dream SMP. "Now, our King has a message for you!"
I attempted to peak out the window, I didn't realise dad was going to make an announcement today. "Thank you Sapnap. Now, recently this country has had a lot of problems. It could be down to poor leadership. It could be down to new arrivals. Yet. I think it's because of something else, something very very different."

What on Earth is he going on about? "I feel that the only solution is to secure our future monarchy."
I pulled a strand of my hair behind my ear, patting down the trousers I was wearing. "So, I would like every boy from age 16 to 18 to come to the castle tomorrow afternoon to sign up for a chance at being King of Dream SMP."
Applause burst from the audience and echoed through the corridor I was sat in, I'm sorry, what?

My father entered the corridor, I raced up to him, "what was that?" He shrugged, "dad, you can't just hand me off to some random person in the kingdom, this is my future we're talking about."
He may have been wearing a mask, but I felt his gaze drifting up and down me. "No, this is the future of the kingdom we're talking about. I'm sorry if you don't feel like dating today, or if you're in love with Tubbo or Tommy. But I'm talking about helping our national security. So you're going to have to deal with it."

"I saved every present you gave me."
I suddenly announced, "From the moment I saw you."
He attempted to grab my hand but I pulled back, I'm so done with these people, they don't care about me, "I knew you were mine."
He was supposed to be there for me, but he clearly isn't, "You said you were mine."
He was supposed to be on my side, but like everyone in my life, he decided to betray me, as if he didn't care about me, "I thought you were mine."

"Do you know what people will say, when they read what you've done?"
The people will find out soon enough that I didn't agree to this, he's going to be in big big trouble, "they'll say 'you have become an Icarus, you have flown too close to the sun'.
Why would he do this, it's always just been me and him against the world, and now he's just going to break that like it was nothing.

He attempted to walk closer to me, wanting to hug me, "don't take another step in my direction."
I said immediately as I noticed him drawing nearer, if he was to just hug me and tell me everything was ok, I know I'll just accept it and move on, get married to someone I don't even know. "I can't be trusted around you."
Don't think you can talk your way
Into my arms, into my arms

"I'm burning the presents you gave me."
I've decided, if he's not going to listen, I'll just leave, it's not like they need me, "you can stand over there if you want."
My father had always used gifts to make me forgive him. "I don't know who you are."
After every argument it would always be a necklace or a new dress. "I have so much to learn,"
you should never trust people with power, they always betray you, "I'm destroying the presents, and watching them burn, I'm watching them burn"

"You'll publish the things I tell you, you'll tell the whole world."
Once the entire country hears that we're looking for the future king, I'm not going to have any freedom, "how you're bringing a stranger into our home."
He was doing all of this to make the country forget about Wilbur, their happiness was there expense of my joy, "in clearing your name, you have ruined my life."

"Heaven forbid someone whisper, 'he's part of some scheme'."
Dream had always been scared of someone attempting to harm me, not because it would endanger me, but because he was scared the people would think he had some part it in, "your enemy whispers so you have to
scream."
He'd always been louder than anyone who opposed him, "I know about whispers."
I've always known that he would leave me at any chance he could, but I just kept believing, he would never listen to me. "I see how you look for a mister."

"Don't. I'm not naive I have seen people around you, don't think I don't see how they fall for your charms, all your charms. I'll erase myself from the narrative, let future historians wonder how your daughter reacted when you broke her heart. You have thrown it all away.
Stand back, watch it burn, just watch it all burn and when the time comes explain to the people the pain and embarrassment you put their princess through. When will you learn that they are your legacy? I am your legacy! If you thought your ideas are mine, don't."

"Dear, this is not your choice. You're going to get married whether you like it or not."
________________________________
Recap - Y/n gets home to her father telling her she is too naive and needs to find a king, or he'll find one for her. She sings 'first burn'.

Relationships -
Dream - 60% - he may be refusing to listen to you, but he's still your father.

Also, if you were wondering what this song is, it's from Hamilton and this is how 'burn' was originally written!