Shut Up || Draco Malfoy

this is written by babydraco04 babyDraco04
on Tumblr

Pairing: Draco Malfoy x gryffindor!fem!reader Warnings: implications of sex, alcohol and drugs, asshole!hermione and swearing

Summary: Not a lot of Y/N's fellow Gryffindor's approve of her relationship with the Slytherin Prince, despite the fact that he makes you immeasurably happy and his own friends accept you.

WORDS : 1788

Lyric snippets I used are from "shut up" by Ariana Grande and they're not in chronological order.

<~>

"My presence sweet and my aura bright,"

"Y/N, you're so lovable and that begs the question; what are you doing with this insufferable git?" Blaise perks up with a smirk as he sits across from Draco and Y/N in the Great Hall for breakfast.

Beside him Pansy Parkinson nudges his ribs softly and gives you a bright smile, "Don't listen to him. Draco's okay once you get to know him."
"Okay?" Draco scoffs out as he chokes on a bite of his apple- making you and Pansy erupt in a fit of giggles. "8 years of friendship and that's all I get?"

"Be grateful, I wanted to say less intolerable."

"You love me and you know it." He grumbles as he moves back to eating his apple- his hand resting faintly on the small of your back as you turn to look up at him.

"It's very hard not to." You say with a smile as you drop a kiss on his cheek- making him grin widely and turn rapidly to catch your lips against his own. Your kiss earns a grin from Blaise and a groan from Pansy- even though they're both very happy that their friend is in love.

"I don't know what I did to deserve the sun herself." He whispers once your lips finally part and you smile goofily at his words.

"Stop." You giggle out and he shakes his head before whispering that he never will, and allowing you to go back to eating.

You don't miss the awkward stares being thrown toward you from the Gryffindor table but you ignore them- choosing instead to focus on the butterflies erupting in your stomach and the smiles of glee that your new beau's friends are blinding you with from across the Slytherin table.

~~~

"diamonds good for my appetite."

You and Draco are spending the Summer together at the Malfoy Manor since your parents are hardly ever around with work anyway and Narcissa practically begged you to come.

"Happy birthday Y/N!" Mrs Malfoy exclaims as she hands you a small box, the size of a journal, with black wrapping and a green ribbon. You and Draco are sitting on a couch that's on side of the Malfoy's living room, and his parents are sat on another couch on the opposite side of the room. Narcissa and Draco are beaming and Lucius is looking rather indifferent from his spot beside his wife.

"Thank you so much..." You respond with a faltering smile as you turn beside you to catch your boyfriend's eyes in confusion, "But my birthday was months ago."

"We know darling but we couldn't owl the gift to you because it's quite valuable, and we wanted to see your face when you opened it."

"You really didn't have to get me anyt-"

"Nonsense Y/N, we wanted to."

"That's really kind, thank you so much." You smile shyly up at them and Narcissa laughs lightly.