i chose you | draco malfoy

credit: Malfoysmatrioshka on Tumblr

warnings: none ? at least i don't think so lol. first time i didn't use any swear words ha. kinda angst but with a very fluffly ending though !!

word count: 2.1k

summary: inspired by "pierre" by ryn weaver; reader has tried to find someone else to love, someone whom she wasn't so afraid to lose, but in the end she always kept coming back to draco

-----

She was currently in her seventh year, which meant that she had somehow managed to break the hearts of a total of three guys in the last three years. That had to be some kind of record.

The funny thing about all of this, though, was that through all of it her heart had remained untouched because the person it belonged to, who had every right to rip it into a million shreds, didn't.

At first there had been Theodore Nott. It had made sense for the two of them to get together. They were both pureblood Slytherins, knowing each other from when they were children and would attend the same boring events their parents were adamant on throwing and dancing the night away in some hidden corner and laughing at the adults who got too drunk and started making fools of themselves.

It had been exactly the kind of relationship one was to except from two fifteen year old teenagers who had been friends since long before they even knew that there was such a thing as kissing with tongue: Messy and childish, with unnecessary fights breaking out all the time, her screaming at him to just give her space and let her breathe and him being jealous of the time she was spending with Draco Malfoy, time she should be spending with him, her boyfriend, instead.

Every time they fought they would ignore each other for a day or two and then just pretend like nothing happened, with him being just as clingy and her spending just as much time with Draco as she had before.

He had told her he loved her by Christmas and she had broken up with him less then three minutes later.

After that came George Weasley. Things were different with him. He was older than Theodore had been, and she was, too. She could see herself falling in love with him in another life, a life that didn't have a certain platinum-haired boy in it.

She had wanted to try, had wanted to believe that maybe things could work out. For a while, they did. George made her happy, happier than anyone around her expected.

It was an odd match, truly, with him being goofy and sarcastic, trying to take life as lightly as possible and her being the embodiment of the Slytherin house, cold and hard and as closed off as one could be. But George tried with everything he could to make her laugh, told her the corniest jokes and used the cheesiest pick-up lines on her and for the first time in her life she had felt giddy. Being with him had brought out a side in her that nobody else had before, not even Draco, one where she would giggle when she found something funny, no matter how silly it was, and one where she would snort with laughter whenever her boyfriends twin made a remark about how he truly felt sorry that George had gotten all the ugly genes, not caring how embarrassing it might be.

She had prayed, every night, that she would wake up the next morning and be in love with him, the same way she had prayed that he would wake up and decide not to tell her he was. Because she knew he was, by the way his gaze lingered a little longer on her than usual, his eyes softening and mouth turning into a smile sweeter than honey. All she wanted was to slap that look off his face because she didn't want this to end, not now, not ever, but she couldn't lie to him, not like that, not when he didn't deserve it, when all she wanted to do was love him. Maybe he knows, she thought. Maybe that's why he hasn't said it yet. Maybe he never will and we can just pretend forever and this happiness never has to end. Maybe, maybe, maybe.