"whatever she wants." (DM) part 2

credit to : hellohellook on tumblr 

draco had left hogwarts feeling unsatisfied.

life felt like it was so mediocre and dull, everything planned out yet...just about average.

his partner was someone who'd been introduced to him by his family, two pureblooded lines that would be suited to eachother and should leave the pair happy. only, he never felt happy. not really. but he didn't know anything more than this, and so he accepted that's just how life was - then why did everyone else seem to enjoy it so much more?

his job was okay, he supposed. he'd been working towards becoming an auror, training in the department for a full year's course before he was actually an official officer. draco didn't need to work, not with all the inheritance he had and the pure floods of money he owned, but he wanted to improve himself. be a better person. and because of that, he chose a career that put himself in the position of persecuting the worst types of dark wizards. the type he could've been.

his friends were half involved, distant. life felt like an itch left unscratched -

until he met you.

you were a ministry of magic official by the time he'd met you. he'd only just received his certificate of authenticity for an auror, and you'd just been moved from a different city's department to the one in london. the department of international magical co-operation, you worked in.

the reason why he hadn't ever had the pleasure of meeting you prior to that was simply because fate had been prolonged, and you'd been sent to different schools. the first time he saw your kind face, the way you introduced yourself so politely, made him feel like he had a fresh start waiting for him. complete redemption in one person.

you felt like a safe place, and then you turned into everything more.

you listened to his past, shared yours. the stories were exchanged and, in reward, a soul-connected love blossomed. he left his old girlfriend within months of meeting you, that unsatisfied part of him slowly relieving itself.

- 2000

he'd brought a new place, moved out straight after he got a job. his parents stayed in the old malfoy manor, and he lived alone in the new one. it had felt cold and empty, even emptier when astoria had come to pay him visits, but there had been life given to it when you came.

the living room couch, directly in-front of a burning fireplace. it was where you'd try and teach him french, then laugh at the way he'd fail with the vocabulary, the exclamations of frustration at all the 'unnecessary letters'.

the kitchens was a place you insisted the two of you tried cooking together. and the amount of baking, god. cookies, cakes, biscuits, even batches of bread. his manor started to smell divine, like a homely bakery alongside that heavenly perfume you'd always wear. maybe it was your natural scent, because it left him missing you when it would stain his pillows or linger around the house.

another core memory; it was a saturday. he distinctly remembered every scent, every little sound that surrounded the two of you. the gardens were his new favourite place, simply because they were yours.

flowers of yellow dotted across the stretch of field in his backyard, looking to the west at the sun that lingered for its final moments before its eventual fall. evening birds had come to say goodbye for the night, and those little critters that made buzzing sounds were ever so lively - as were you; dressed in a pretty sundress, wearing something that made you look just as part of nature as the blossoms had done.