Happy Birthday (𝑫.𝑴.) ✰

this is written by sfdlm on Tumblr

They've been best friends since they were five. They birth the same day, receive their acceptance letter to Hogwarts the same day and they open them together. They were inseparable.

"Hello," she said, not knowing that the person in front of her was your future best friend and one of the most important persons in her life.

"hello" was the firsts word that she heard from his mouth.

You were very similar, and I'm not talking about their physical appearance; I'm talking about their families, about their feelings and you way they lived. Those things were the most important for them to start a friendship.

"I'm Y/n Y/l/n"

"I'm Draco Malfoy" they shook their hands. That moment changes it all.

That was the most important moment in their lives.

And now they are seven years later celebrating their 13 birthday as they always do; they're walking in Diagon Alley. Normally they will go with their parents but this year they allowed them to go alone.

"So, you are waiting here outside while I'm buying your gift," Y/n said while they were outside a store.

The truth is that Y/n had everything planned, since weeks or can dare to say months— what Draco's gift will be.

"Ok, but then you are going to wait for me to buy your gift," he said smirking.

"Deal" they shook their hands trying to look serious; that didn't last long because they started laughing at each other faces.

Y/n was going to buy a pair of rings for them. She was trying for them to mean a promise that they are always going to be friends. Draco is the most important thing she has.

Even though they do not always agree with the fact that Y/n is less cold than Draco; they always find the way back to normal.

The rings are very simple, silver and with nothing on the outside, but, he has her initials, and hers has the letters D.M. inside of the ring.

They bought their gifts and went back to the Malfoy Manor where they are spending the rest of the evening. Unfortunately, when they arrived the manor was alone, except the house-elves.

"let's go to my room," Draco said, and his voice sounds like if he was excited. He took Y/n by her wrist and brought her to his room.

Obviously, Y/n has been in that room so many times to be counted. She sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for Draco and preparing the gift she has for him.

Draco sat next to her with a little box in his hands "who is going to start then?" He was truly excited about giving her the gift.

"I'll start because I think you are gonna love the gift." Y/n was really excited too, she really wants to surprise him and she has been planning the gift for too long for him not to like it, even if they are just "simple rings" she really wanted them to have a meaning— also, surprising Draco or giving something that he likes, is not that easy.

She takes out two little boxes and hands him one of them "c'mon open it" she said and Draco opened the little box seeing the silver ring.

"Are you proposing? Don't you think we are too young?" He said letting out a light chuckle. Y/n rolled her eyes at Draco's comment.

"They are promise rings, are for making sure our friendship will last forever" she opened her box and show him the letters inside of the ring "see? Mine have the letters D.M., and yours have my initials." all Y/n's face could show was hope. She hoped that he liked the gift.

"I... love it" he had a wide slime in his face and what he did then was a surprise even for y/n; he hugged her. A very tight hug.

Y/n usually hug him but he'd respond with a slight embrace, but that doesn't annoy y/n, she already knew how he was.

Making y/n angry, like, very angry, was a very difficult task if we are talking about Draco.

"Now is my turn," Draco said separating himself for the hug. He took the little box that was in his hands a while ago and gave it to her.

She opened the box and was amazed at how beautiful it was. It's a thin necklace, that has a jewel with a heart drawn in the centre "I love it" she can't stop smiling, looking at the necklace.

"wait," Draco said, he took the necklace from the box and open the centre, it showed a picture of them when they were younger "I spend too much time search-" he couldn't finish his sentence because y/n threw herself at him with a tight hug.

"I love you" she obviously didn't mean it romantically, she has always been so cheesy with him and they just turned thirteen, they really don't know a lot about love itself.

"Happy birthday, y/n"

"Happy Birthday, Draco"

June 5th, 1998.

This was the first birthday he was going to "celebrate" without y/n. She died in the war and with the death of her, Draco died too.

He currently was in her grave, telling her about his day, as he always does. The ring she gave to her was still in his hand, the necklace was normally always with him, and her ring was always hanging from the necklace.

"Happy birthday, y/n" he had a sad smile on his face, and the tears were about to come out "I love you" and he started to cry. This 'I love you' was real and meant to be in a romantic way.

They didn't even have time to be with each other, she was in love with him, and he was in love with her. He will always be. He wanted a family with her, he wanted to be old with her, he wanted everythingwith her.

"Happy Birthday, Draco."