An Old Friend

"N-No...But I-I thought you burned-" "I only said that for your own safety, Dear Y/n." He said, crawling over next to you. "I missed you Ennard..Why didn't you come back?" You asked him, watching him look away from you. "I was afraid you'd get hurt again." "Again? What do you me-" "Exactly what I mean. Some things need to be left in the past, little puzzle piece. Why don't you try talking to him again? He's very sad." Ennard shifted the attention back on you, avoiding your question all together. "I-I can't...Not yet.." "But didn't he beg for your forgiveness? Shouldn't that be enough for you?" You sadly shook your head, fixating your eyes on the ground. "He reminds me too much of them. I don't think I can right now." He started walking around, grabbing onto random wires that hung dangerously low from the ceiling. "But why not? He's done everything for you. It'd only be fair if you give him his well deserved forgiveness." You looked up at him with a glare, almost imagining the smirk he had plastered on that stupid plastic face of his. "What have you become? You used to be so nice to me when I was a child! And if you hate them so much, why do you want me to talk to Foxy so much? Answer the question, Ennard!" He flinched as you yelled at him, disappearing into the shadows. "I've become nothing. Everything, yet nothing. I only push you towards him for a reason I cannot specify, little puzzle piece." "Why do you keep calling me that? It's annoying me! You've always called me that, and it confused me so much but it has become annoying! Please just-Stop!" You shouted, letting the tears fall from your E/c eyes. "I'm..Sorry. I shouldn't have disappeared like that, but it was for your own good. Next time...I..I'll let you talk to Michael.." You heard the sadness in his voice, letting guilt overcome you quickly. "Wait, don't leave. I'm just frustrated is all. First it was Foxy, and then you show up so suddenly, and I still don't understand what's going on. You're still my friend Ennard, you always will be. But I want you to know that I'm just not really okay with all of this. If everything just suddenly jumped out at you at once, wouldn't you feel the same?" Silence filled the room for a second, and the skittering noises soon started up once more. "I would. You are right, Y/n. But I can't just stop everything that I'm doing. You need to go see him-" "Let the poor Woman be, She's already told you she can't because of past trauma." A British Male voice suddenly spoke, obviously angering Ennard. "YOU SHUT UP! YOU AREN'T EVEN APART OF THIS CONVERSATION ANYWAYS!" He yelled. "Then stop talking about me if I'm not. Don't listen to him Y/n, he's messed up in the head." "'MESSED UP'?! WHO'RE YOU CALLING 'MESSED UP'?!" "You can talk to him whenever you're ready." "Who are you?" You asked the voice. "Michael Afton. I apologize for not introducing myself a bit earlier." "STOP TALKING TO HER!" "You're quite fine Mr. Afton. But if I may ask, why didn't you say anything earlier?" "This loudmouth over here seems to think he has control over everyone and everything, so I stayed quiet up until this point." "WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?!" You hummed, looking in the direction his voice was coming from the best you could. "I've always wondered what normal people looked like. It's been so long since I've seen skin color like that." You tilted your head to the side at his sentence. "What do you mean by that?" Michael sadly chuckled, and judging by the sound alone he got up from the floor. "You have S/c skin. That's natural, of course. But...Ever since the incident, I've lost my normal color. I'm just like my Father." He still confused you despite his efforts in explaining to you, so you just nodded in hopes that you'll get him to believe you know what he's talking about. Ennard growled, reaching down towards you to grab you by the throat. However, his hand only stopped just inches away from you and soon disappeared once more. "You're lucky I can't kill you. Only for the fact you are a puzzle piece, and my friend. I'll let you go for now, but I'll get you back up here to get you to talk." He spoke in a harsh tone at the end of his sentence, removing your restraints. "Thank you." You mumbled. "Y/n, come here." Michael said. Doing as he said, you followed the sound of his voice and ending up by what seems to be a barred off room. A deep Purple arm reached out and grabbed your own, making you gasp and try to pull away. "He'll try and trick you, don't let that happen. Choose the opposite path, avoid your death." You nodded fearfully, staring into his black and white eyes. He retracted his arm and retreated back into the darkness of his cell. "That would be all." He said. You backed away slowly, eventually bumping into Ennard. "Don't make me bring you back here for the wrong reasons, Y/n. Now off you go, little puzzle piece." He pushed you towards a door, climbing back onto the ceiling with practically no effort. You swallowed nervously before walking out the door, shutting your eyes at the sudden brightness.

"She's waking up!" "Of course she is, what else would she do?" "Both of you, stop fighting." Voices spoke all around you, eventually becoming clear as well as your vision. You looked up to see Ballora who was holding you, then looking to your right to se Baby and Lolbit with A Minireena and a Bidybab. "Was that..Was that a dream?" You asked. "Was what a dream?" Asked Baby. "I was with...Who was I with again? I can't remember...There were two people there." You said. Everyone looked at each other, almost as if they were silently discussing something. "It was all just a dream Y/n, don't think too much about it."

(Here you all go! Man, I honestly didn't expect me to update this early..Oh well. Also, sorry for any mistakes, but I hope you enjoyed anyways. *Shrugs*)