Break In

(Hi. Uhm..So, ignore the very long space between chapters. I do apologize, but hey, I'm updatng so-Yeah. Enjoy-)

You had felt numb after screaming your lungs out. Your throat was very raw, and you were out of breath. You didn't know what to do. Making an unconscious decision to slowly stand, you turned around and walked to the elevator, pressing the button and waiting to be brought up to the surface. You made your way out of the building, walking along the sidewalk without realizing what you were doing. You bumped into someone, stopping in your tracks and slowly looking up at the person. "Marcus?" "Whoa-Y/n, are you alright? You look like a zombie!" Contemplating your response, or simply just processing the words he was speaking to you, you took a moment to speak. "I..Didn't get enough sleep is all. Had a bad nightmare.." You lied. Marcus looked at you as if in pity, giving you a little pat on the back. "Alright. Just..Be careful getting back home". You nodded your head slightly, continuing on your quest  to head back home. It's been a long while since you've been there. Once you opened the front door, it's as if you walked into a strangers home. You didn't recognize anything. 'This isn't my home' You thought to yourself, gliding your hand against the wall as you headed towards your bedroom. 'None of this is mine' You stopped, looking at the pictures on the fridge. You almost didn't feel..Safe, here. You couldn't help but think about the creepy burned down building, and the graveyard you had visited on your quest to do...What DID you do? You couldn't remember. It all just wasn't right to you. It wasn't right at all. Turning around and walking back down the hall, you walked up the stairs as you remembered the location of your room. But it wasn't really yours anymore. You looked around the room, looking at the blank f/c walls before falling onto your bed. You closed your eyes, although you couldn't sleep, you still tried in hopes the void of darkness will lull you to sleep. You stayed in that position for a little longer, what felt like only mere seconds, turned to be a couple of hours. You hadn't realized. A loud bang snapped you out of your seemingly endless trance, dragging you away from your empty thoughts. Lifting your head slightly, you waited to see if you had just imagined things. A series of quieter bangs followed, giving you enough conformation that you hadn't heard incorrectly. You stood up from your bed, cautiously making your way out of the room and peeking around the corners. You walked further down the hall, checking all the rooms and closets on that floor. You hesitated before walking down the stairs, hearing bottles and cans rattle from the kitchen briefly. You looked around at the small mess in the living room. The blanket that once sat idly on the couch now laid on the floor, positioned like a nest, magazines scattered around it. A couple of paper cups lying on their sided on the small coffee table, only two standing upright and placed neatly. You were confused. Were there multiple people in your home? You should've locked the door when you came in. You snapped your head to the side when another loud bang sounded from the laundry room. What are you supposed to do? Your breath had caught in your throat, your palms growing sweaty as shadows danced on the wall rhythmically before disappearing in a matter of seconds. Your thoughts were jumbled, making way for only one word. 'Run' Was the only thing you could think of. But your legs stayed in place. They felt like concrete. How do you react if you are unable to? You jumped upon hearing glass shatter in a nearby room. 'I need to run' But you didn't. Mindlessly, you took a step forward towards the sound, Backing up slightly when an unearthly scream erupted from the same room. That wasn't human. That DEFINITELY wasn't human. Now what are you supposed to do? You continued to push forward despite what you heard, but you protested against what your body had been doing. The shuffling and muttering only raised your anxiety higher. You remembered what Funtime Foxy had sometimes told you when you were anxious, "Being anxious means you're a peasant, Y/n, so be royalty! Not that you aren't already, but," That always made you smile. But now in the midst of being terrified, you had now felt more sad. Ah. What's the point? You should just face this head on, and stop being a coward. After all, what's the worst that could happen? Taking a short deep breath, you charged into the room, swinging the door open with aggression. To your surprise, the room was completely vacant. The only thing unusual was objects moved, and seemingly thrown across the room. So, what, is your house haunted or something? You could've swore the last time you were here, there wasn't any ghosts or anything like that. Still on guard, you hesitantly exited the room through the second door on the other side, quietly closing the door behind you. You heard talking in the living room. It wasn't distant, rather, it was perfectly crystal clear. Yeah, they weren't ghosts. (You kind of wished they were though) You walked towards the sound of voices feeling drained of all energy, your heart racing in your chest the closer you got. A laugh echoed throughout the house, proving to be rather loud. You finally turned the corner, stopping in your tracks to stare lifelessly at your intruders.

(You guys know I love you, right? :'^ Well, I apologize I haven't updated since October, A LOT of things has been going on, and I just haven't had any inspiration to write anything. But I promise I still love you! Sorry for mistakes, and I hope you enjoyed reading.

Sincerely- A Person Who Bought 24 Bottles Of Bug Juice To Reminisce)