February 24, 1997

Dear Diary,

Hello! Hehehe... I had a very nice day today at school. Everything went well from the morning until we got home, of course with my boyfriend. Yay!

Right after I woke up, I peeked at my window because I heard someone whistling like a bird. Haha! Well, you don't have to guess it anymore. It was Bin. Hihi! He's so cute because the windows of our room were just right next to each other. There's only a big tree that makes our room window separate and I saw him smiling to me early in the morning! Ahhh! I felt like my day was already complete especially when he silently said "Good morning, my yeppeun tokki!" Waaah! He's not calling me jageun tokki anymore, but he replaced it with yeppeun tokki... Ahhh! He made me smile, and I feel like I am the most pretty lady he'd ever seen! Me, not beeing used to act like this in front of Bin for twelve years, I instantly bowed down my head out of embarrassment while I tucked the strands of my hair behind my ear...

I only closed my window and waved at him when I heard my eomma saying the bathroom was already vacant, and I should take a shower already... But before I turned around, he signals to me that we'll see later in front of our gate... You know, I only took a bath for less than ten minutes because I was too excited. Hahahaha! I almost slipped inside the bathroom... Aish! Then I also changed my school uniform and had my breakfast very quickly. Good thing that appa didn't scold me when I almost choke from eating the banana earlier... I was really in a hurry and eomma even asked me why. Hmm, I only answered to her that I needed to be early at school today since our first subject is mathematics. Kkkk! My eomma knows I'm weak with that subject, but the truth is, I wanted to spend more time with Bin before our classes start. Hehe!

After finishing my breakfast, as expected, Bin was already standing outside our gate when I got out from our main door. He stood beside his bicycle, and I know he's hiding something from me because his left hand was placed at his back. Hmmm... He even greeted eomma with a big smile on his lips... But hahaha, you know what? That smile turned into an awkward one when appa called his name. His chest jumped a little and his face looks so funny! Hahaha! I wanted to take a photo of him... He's so cute. Hehe. And I know he felt nervous at that time. Well, since appa doesn't know anything about us yet, he only told Bin that he should slow down in driving his bicycle. When I stood in front of him, he said "Let's walk a little from here. Just hop on once we reach the end street." I smiled quietly after hearing him because he almost stammered. Hahaha! I really wanna pinch his cheek... He's such a baby!

While we were walking and getting far away from our houses, I was stunned when he placed a single beautiful pink camellia behind my ear... Huhuhu! Why Bin is like that, diary? Hays... Camellia flowers full blooms beautifully at the month of February because of the weather. He really found a time to get a flower for me on that very morning... I was so embarrassed because we're still beside the street in our neighborhood. The next thing I knew, he placed his index finger under my chin to lift my face up. Then he said "A beautiful flower for my beautiful girlfriend." Ahhhh! I felt like the butterflies in my stomach became bees! Hahaha! They tinged my intestines like crazy... Huhuhu! I really felt like I am crazy, diary! I'm not normal anymore! Ahhhhh!

After I collected my insane self, I smiled at him and softly said thank you... Aww, I didn't know Bin is so sweet like that, diary. Haysss! You know what, that was only one of my daydreams before... Wishing that Bin will give me a flower as his best friend, but now he's giving me one as his girlfriend! Ahhh!

When we were about to turn to another street, he already signalled me to sit in front of his bicycle. He took my right hand, and he guided me like a beautiful princess... I don't know anymore what happened to my face while we were on our way to school, diary. Haha! I just keep on smiling and Bin even kissed the top of my hair while he's busy looking at the road and stepping the bike's pedals... He's so clingy, but I like it. Hihi! I felt like at any moment, my heart will burst out because of the bolts of electricity he's giving to me...

I was even startled when right after he parked his bicycle inside the campus, he gently grabbed me by the wrist, and he slowly moved his palm down to mine. I really wanted to scream, diary! Especially when he entwined his fingers to mine one by one... My heart was beating so fast, and it went worse when I heard someone calling my name. Ahh! When I turned around, I saw Inna and Minjung and I know they already saw me and Bin holding each other's hands. I took my hand from Bin's holds, but he didn't let me. Instead, he only tightens the grip of his fingers to mine, and you know what he did when we saw Minjung and Inna's shocked and confused faces? He confidently said, "We're dating, so stop looking at us that way." Gosh, I gulp hard, diary... I didn't tell my friends about me and Bin yet. I was worried they'll get mad at me for keeping this from them, but I'm glad that it didn't go worst like the way I badly believed. Minjung only responded to us, "Daebak! Really? Ya! Yejin-ah! You've lots of stories to tell us, do you?" Err! I immediately bowed down my head because I felt like my cheeks were burning... Huhuhu! I know my friends will really ask even a single tiny detail about what happened between me and Bin. Gosh! Good luck to me...

However, they haven't had a chance to talk to me alone earlier. Hahaha! Bin was with me the whoooole day. Hahaha! He's like a leech sticking to me wherever I go. Hahaha! Our classmates were kept on asking why we acted so close more than what we were before as best friends, and Bin tirelessly answered them one by one that I am his girlfriend! Errr! I don't know if I should laugh about it, or I should hide my face because they kept on teasing us. Huhuhu! One of my classmates even shouted "So our role-play before was true after all?" Aisssh! Yeah, I will never ever forget that role-play... Grrr! Then almost all of them repeatedly cheered "Saranghamnida, Ye Mama! Saranghamnida, Ye Mama! Saranghamnida, Ye Mama!" Ahhhh! I even ran going to the comfort room because I was too shy... I don't know yet what to act in front of my classmates, diary... All of them knew that Bin and I were best friends since we're kids, and now they found out that we are dating. Gosh! I'm not really sure what to act in front of them... While I'm having that thoughts, Bin was so happy in front of them while our classmates were cheering that line. Gosh! He's so proud! Hahaha! Instead of me getting annoyed about what happened, it made me smile too when I stood behind our classroom's door and saw him chinning up while accepting our classmates' applause. Hahaha! Aish!

During lunch break, I wanted Bin and I to take a seat with Minjung and Inna's table, but they pushed both of us. Inna said, "Ya! You really want to us to feel single?" then Mijung also followed "You sweety birds, go find another table!" Aish! I want to pinch the side of their hips, but Bin wrapped his arm around me and chuckled at them while nodding his head... I just only wanted to make up with them, but they're just only teasing us, right?

Hmm... After school, we also went home together, and he kissed me on my forehead before we reach on the street of our house... Hays! It made me more happy, diary, because I felt earlier that my classmates accepted what Bin and I have right now... They even cheered for us. And I couldn't be happier when I saw Bin being so proud telling them I am his girlfriend. I felt like I was so alive the whole day, diary! I was so energized... I didn't know love would make you feel so good, happy and contented like this. Aigooo!

I hope we'll be happy like this forever... :)

Love,
Yejin