January 11, 2000

Dear Diary,

Happy 18th Birthday, my love!

It drives me crazy just how fast the year changes. It's your special day today, and it is supposed to be, as usual, a special day for both of us. We should have celebrated it now with your family and mine.

I always wanted to be ignorant of the reality that it has been three long years since we parted ways. Three years of your birthdays that I was not with you - it stinks me to hell. You didn't know much I miss you, you see, how much I still love you every second of every day.

Just as I didn't realize, my tears made me wake up again today. It has become normal to me now. Waking up with teardrops on my face.

As I was about to open my eyes earlier, reality suddenly became clear again.

I wonder how you've been doing all these years, far away from my arms... Are you eating well? Have you been taking care of yourself? Your health? How about school? Are you doing good? Did you make new friends? I'm sure you've become prettier now than ever, right? Hmm, well, I could imagine that. Your face still imprints in my mind - in my heart.

Oh, you didn't know how much I wish I could see you, even just for once. Even just for an hour. Even a second. Just a glimpse of your cute eye smiles, I want.

If only I knew we'd get to this point in our lives, being far away from each other, I would have brought you to a chapel and married you - if only the deities and universe were on my side.

Son Yejin, I am so in love with you, so deeply in love that it made me sick every day. None of the things around me mattered to me at all without you. I know with all my heart, with certainty, that you are the only woman I love, and I am going to love. I don't care what the future holds me, really. A big part of me still wishes that someday, the heavens would favour me to meet you again somewhere over the rainbow.

I don't care how long that would take. I don't care how many years I should wait.

Just as I only know that I am so willing to wait for you even at the end of the world.

I love you and I miss you so much, my love. Please take care of yourself for me...

I will still marry you.

Loves you forever,
Bin