March 1, 1997

Dear Diary,

It's Saturday night. I just got here inside my room about a few moments ago... I don't have someone to talk to about what happened to me today aside from you, so I'm asking a favor from you to please bear with me. Actually, I didn't know where to start... I don't know anymore, but I think I should at least share this with you, right? It's kind of a bit private between me and Bin, but I think I'll go crazy if I only keep this within myself. Huhuhu!

But before anything else, let's talk about first what happened to me in the morning... I started my day excited, hyper and happy with my family. We have no class for our P.E subject earlier since our teacher attended an important outing with the rest of our school teachers. I had a lot of time playing with our baby Jisoo. I baked cookies with my eomma after we had breakfast, and we went to appa's restaurant to take our lunch with the whole family... While we were eating, suddenly, my samchon keeps looking at me like I did a big mistake without telling him. My heart began beating like crazy and my mind keeps telling me that what if he knew about my relationship with Bin? Huhuhu! I wanted to stop eating and just go out of the restaurant because I could really sense that he knew something with the way he stares at me... I even got choked when he started saying, "Yejin-ah, do you have something to tell us? To your eomma and appa?" Ahhhh! My hands were really shaking below the table, diary, and I bit my bottom lip because I didn't know what to answer. Huhuhu! It went worse when my appa gazed at me then he asked my samchon if what did he mean by that... Huhuhu! As much as I want to tell them about my relationship now with my best friend, of course, I want to inform them with Bin beside me. I remember Bin said to me that he won't leave me when it comes to this, and we will face my parents together... I gulp hard and was about to tell them that I don't have anything to say when my eomma slapped my samchon's sidearm and told him "Stop disturbing your niece while we're eating!" Huhuhu! My eomma is really my saviour, isn't she? Hays... I only bowed down my head and let out a big sigh. I thought it's the end of the world for me and I was really nervous! Good thing that after we had our lunch, a big group of people arrived in our restaurant so my samchon and appa got so busy serving the customers... Eomma also decided that we should already go home since Jisoo keeps asking for her teddy bear. Our baby Jisoo also got sleepy and eomma wasn't able to bring her baby milk to the restaurant with us.

When we got home, eomma went to the master's bedroom along with Jisoo. I also went to my room and laid my body in the bed while listening to my favorite song on my Walkman. I didn't notice the time anymore until eomma knocked on my door... I stood up and opened the door for her. The moment she stepped in, I saw her face smiling and she dragged me towards the sofa near my closet... Gosh, I suddenly felt nervous again! I'm sure she's going to ask me something. We both got seated and eomma began looking at me straight in the eyes while tucking the strands of my hair behind my ear. Well, I wasn't wrong, diary...

"Yejin-ah, you don't have to be afraid with us. We are your family, and we love you so much. If you have something important to tell us, we're just here ready to listen no matter what it is. Now, would you please tell eomma first? I've been waiting for you to reach out to me, baby." Huhuhu! I didn't know, diary, but my eyes began to water after I heard that from my eomma. Her voice was very smooth, and I felt like her little baby girl again in front of her... I looked up into her eyes and told her that Bin and I are now dating for a week already. I thought she will be shocked, but she hugged me instead and began rubbing my back in a gentle way. Huhuhu! After we pulled out from the hug, eomma looked at me again then she said... "Finally, baby! I'm happy for you and Bin." My eyes broaden because of her reaction, and I asked her if she's not mad because I didn't tell her on the day we started dating. But she shakes her head then said, "It's part of growing up, baby... Ever since you and Bin were little, I know that you cared for each other so much more than as best friends. It feels good when you love someone, baby. But keep in mind that you and Bin are still young, so you should know your limitations, okay? Be honest with your feelings towards each other. And don't forget that trust is one of the main foundations when you're in a relationship with the person you love. Sure you'll have ups and downs in your relationship, but you'll both get through with it when your love, trust, faith and patience with each other is strong." I wasn't able to hold my tears anymore when eomma said that to me... Of course, it was tears of joy. Huhuhu! I only nodded and hugged her again. Haysss! She's really the best eomma ever!