December 23, 1996

Dear Diary,

I'm excited to write something for you tonight!

You know what, I'm happy because I achieved something today! I think I deserve a tap on my shoulder from you. Hehe!

After having lunch earlier, I went to Bin's house... Good thing that he didn't go out, and I found him sleeping on their couch in their living room. He's the only one left in their house, so I had the chance to talk to him privately.

When I was walking closer to him, I tried to tiptoe so he won't be stunned that someone barged on their main door, though no one could easily go inside their house aside from our family. Well, maybe he felt that it was me, so he wasn't alarmed and just slept until minutes after I took a seat beside where he's sleeping.

Actually, he woke up when I laughed because I saw him drooling. Hahaha! Right after he opened his eyes and saw me holding my tummy while laughing, he immediately wiped his mouth. He gazed at me annoyingly, so I instantly stopped and followed him going to the bathroom. While he's still inside brushing his teeth, he asked me why I am there. I was actually hesitant at first, but I took all my courage and said I want to ask him something...

When he went out, he asked me back what it is... Diary, you know what I was really nervous, but still, I asked him if he knows a girl on our campus naming Hyekyo. He raised one of his eyebrows and shakes his head. He told me that it's the first time he heard that name. Hmmm, but I actually really heard it clear from our classmates. Or am I just hearing strange things these past few days?

I also asked him if he already has a girlfriend, but he only responded to me with a big laugh and tapped my head. Uhg! So should I take it as a no, right? Hmmm... I also don't think he has a girlfriend already since he didn't share anything with me that he likes someone, or he's courting someone. Well, we never talked about it as well since he hasn't courted someone before. Same with me, I also never shared with him since no one courted me yet.

But one thing's for sure... It's not the reason why he's kinda aloof from me, right? I know Bin will not also hide something like this from me. We are best friends throughout the years so there's no reason that he won't tell me who's the girl he likes.

Hmmp! I even told him before when I had a crush from our class when we were in our fourth grade. I can't forget that kid since he's so cute and caring for me. His name was Minho! I think he was younger than us, and he's a genius kid so he started going to school at an early age.

Oh! Anyway... Diary! Finally, I was able to buy a Christmas present for Bin! I went to the market alone earlier as I decided to give him the cap I saw yesterday. I didn't know that the cap was the bestseller from that store. The cap is dark blue with an embroidered white baseball icon in front of the cap. I'm sure Bin will like it! I can feel it! It will really suit him since he's a baseball player! You know, when I went there, that's the last piece left. Thank God that I got it! I even met two men and a girl who also bought that cap. The girl looks like a high school student like me! She's so cute when the vendor asked her if she'll be the one to wear the hat, but she said that she'll give it to her boyfriend! How sweet, right?

Hmmm... That means I'm also sweet... A sweet best friend! Bin should be thankful that he has a best friend like me. Hahaha! I just finished wrapping it in a blue Christmas gift box and I put a sky blue ribbon on the top. Wee! I can't wait to see his reaction since Bin loves collecting caps. He even said before that once he'll have a job and starts having an income, he'll buy a big shelf to put his favorite caps. I think this would be enough for now. I'm sure he'll understand!

Tomorrow at eight in the evening, we'll start our party while waiting for twelve midnight! I am so excited since eomma bought me a new beautiful green dress to wear on. Every year, we have a color dress coding for Christmas as well as the Hyun Family! When Bin's eomma bought their Olympus Infinity Stylus Epic camera in 1991, we always have our own family picture every year, and we will never miss capturing one picture with Bin's family too. Another two picture frames will be added to our wall. Yay!

Jisoo has also a new green dress! It's so cute, and it fits her really well. Appa also bought her a new pair of red socks and I made her a big star to put on her headband. Our baby Jisoo will surely look like a little Christmas tree! Hahahaha!

I can't wait to spend our Christmas Eve tomorrow! Our eommas will cook lots of delicious dishes, and I'm so excited to receive gifts from appa since he promised me that he'll give something big for me this year! Hihihi!

That's all for now, Diary!

Love,
Yejin