Farmers Market (IRL Mikado & Kokoro, SDRA2)

Prompt: https://otpprompts.tumblr.com/post/174222877087/imagine-your-otp-picking-strawberries-or-wild/amp

"Going to the farmer's market or flea market together"

Also, I used https://a-student-out-of-time.tumblr.com/post/620250760963358720/i-also-wanna-take-the-opportunity-to-discuss-my and https://voidstanninghours.tumblr.com/post/638378392551555072/irl-mikado-headcanons-this-man-is-autistic-no-i for references. There was one more post saying that Kokoro should have had more development than the short time that we saw her and become somewhat of a mother to irl Mikado, but the person deleted it and remade their blog =(

Spoilers for sdra2 chapter 0! Not a ship, just platonic/familial!

***

"So, why are we in the middle of a market? Is there a reason we have to be here?" Mikado asked, keeping the hood of his jacket over his head so that he wouldn't be easily recognizable.

"This place sells food with better quality, and it's much cheaper than the ones at the normal grocery stores, which is surprising when you consider their worth." Kokoro replied, loathing the warmth she felt through the hoodie. "We should get what we need quickly, then head back to the lab."

"And what are we getting here?" The hacker inquired. "I didn't think we needed anything from a farmers market."

"Just a few things, then we'll go." The psychologist took out a notebook and looked at the list she made in it. "Let's see... We need some bread, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, pork chops, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and maybe a pumpkin pie."

Mikado hesitated when he heard the list before coming up with an idea. "Since we split the money before coming here, how about you search for half the things on the list and I'll get the other half?" He suggested, taking out a small piece of paper and a pen.

"Sure, that will make things a lot faster." Kokoro agreed, showing him the list so he could copy half of it, and the hacker quickly took off in search of the ingredients. The woman sighed, knowing about how anxious of achieving his goal Mikado was. For his sake, she figured that she'd better hurry.

Walking up to a fruit stand, she was able to purchase the majority of items on her list. It took a few more minutes, she was able to purchase the bread and pork chops, finishing her half of the list. She also decided to buy a few other things, namely a bottle of barbecue sauce for Mikado, a few granola bars for herself, and some more coffee grounds and a bag of pretzel buns for them both.

Kokoro walked back to the point where they split up and waited for the hacker to return. He showed up a few minutes later with a few bags and holding a pumpkin pie in his hands. "This place makes me really uncomfortable. Can we go now? I got what you needed." Mikado pleaded, looking like he was going to implode on himself in he stayed longer in this place.

"Of course. I also bought us more coffee and a snack." The older woman answered, showing the other the bag of pretzel buns. "Let's get out of here." She agreed, leading the way to the market's exit with a very eager hacker trailing behind her.