Murals (Setsubiki, SDRA2)

Prompt: https://otpprompts.tumblr.com/post/174222877087/imagine-your-otp-picking-strawberries-or-wild/amp

"Playing with sidewalk chalk like they're kids again"

***

"Suka, look what I found!" Hibiki exclaimed, running up to the billiards player and presenting a box she found. "I bought it at a garage sale, so I thought we could mess around with it for a while!"

Setsuka looked over the vocalist's box. "Coloured chalk? Who knew these would be on sale?" She smiled. "Come on, let's head out to the sidewalk and draw something cool!"

The two girlfriends took the chalk box and ran outside. The weather was sunny and lit up the area, so they had no problem getting in the mood to have fun. Because Hibiki was a world-renowned singer, the two of them lived somewhere private and away from other people so she didn't get harassed. The Otonokoji twins lived in a large house a while away from other civilization, so their driveway was huge and prime for drawing on.

The girls took out their sidewalk chalk and began doodling whatever came to mind. Stars, music notes, flowers, each other, they had lots of ideas of what to do next. Soon, their whole driveway was covered in a myriad of different-coloured drawings, both beside and weaving into each other.

As Setsuka and Hibiki stood back and admired their handiwork, Kanade came out of their house in a fluffy night robe with bags under her eyes. "It is barely seven in the morning, why the fuck are you two squealing so loud." The guitarist grumbled, glaring daggers at her sister and the billiards player.

Hibiki had rarely seen her sister angry, but she was always frightening when she was. "S-Sorry, Kanade. We found some chalk, and-" 

"We'll be quieter next time. Go back in and get some rest, I'll wake you up a little later when it's time to eat." Setsuka reasoned. Kanade only grumbled to herself and went back inside. The taller girl turned to Hibiki with a nervous smile on her face. "Jeez, Kana can be really scary when she wants to be!"