one

Mrs. Shin cheerfully grabs the hands of a mother. "I can't wait for us to be in laws!"

"I know," the other mother nods in agreement. "Our children are going to be the cutest couple!"

The mother with whiskers on her cheeks sighs happily. "Our husbands are going to be the happiest once they hear this news."

"Do you think they'll get mad?" Mrs. Hwang starts to take in the concerns.

Mrs. Shin lets out a laugh. "They love each other deep inside, they won't be."

"And the house? Do you think it's okay?"

The mother reassured her best friend. "We picked it out! It's perfect."

"I'm so happy our children is finally getting married."

***

"Ryujin-ah! Come down here for a minute." The mother yells from the foot of the stairs.

Ryujin sets down her paint brush, getting out of her seat. "Coming mom!"

Hearing footsteps on the stairs, both the mother and father grins widely with full anticipation.

"What's up?" the pink haired places her hands in her sweats.

Seeing her parents just staring at her, the girl stops walking as she starts to examine them. Her mother was holding something in her hand, behind her back.

"Come sit."

Finally reaching the foot of the stairs, Ryujin makes her way to sit on the couch. "Okay?"

"So your father and I have done some thinking and we think you're finally old enough to be independent." Mrs. Shin proudly takes out the paperwork from behind. "All you have to do is sign here and I'll give you the keys to your new house!"

Ryujin just stares up at her parents, eyebrows furrowed. "Is this a punishment for throwing water balloons at the high schoolers?"

"No dear, it isn't." Mr. Shin calmly speaks. "Your mother and I really thought this through."

The pink haired is starting to get weirded out by her dad's tone. But nonetheless, she grabs the keys her mom handed to her. "..Okay.."

"Oh! Don't forget to sign right here too." Mrs. Shin places the paper down, covering most of the contents while her husband gives the pen to their daughter.

Ryujin grabs the pen and signs the paper, not asking anymore questions. "So, do I just start packing and start moving in tomorrow?"

"It's all up to you honey."

The pink haired spins the key around her fingers, standing up from her seat. "Sweet, okay thanks guys."

Walking back up the stairs, the parents lose sight of their pink haired daughter.

"See, that was very easy." Mrs. Shin whispers to her husband.

The man in his 40s shrugs. "And when she finds out that we married her off?"

"Oh come on! They love each other." The woman defends her reason.

Her husband shakes his heads. "I can never stop you."

***

"Yeji-ah! Could you do me a favor?" A woman in her late 30s walk into the dining room.

The cat eyed girl puts down her spoon gently, giving her attention to her mother. "Of course mother."

"Could you sign this for me real quick?" Placing the paperwork in front of her daughter, Mrs. Hwang hopes that Yeji doesn't question about it further.