sixty nine

Jisu barges in through the front door, panting heavily after what seemed like an entire year of running. "Sorry, I'm late! My car broke down somewhere so now I'm carless."

"Your car broke down?" Soobin looks up from decorating the cake. "How?"

The younger Choi lets out a small smile, playing it innocently as she bats her eyelashes at her older brother. "Could you tell mom and dad for me?"

"And why would I do that?" The dimpled male asks, setting down the piping bag and crossing his arm while leaning against the counter.

Jisu giggles, running up to her brother and attacking him with a hug. "Because you're the best brother in the world and that you'd really love and protect your little sister."

"Mom and dad doesn't even want to listen to me." Soobin argues back, but his arms still embrace his twin back.

Jisu grins widely knowing that Soobin will put in a good word about her car. "Where's Yeji?"

Releasing from the embrace, Soobin motions to the set of stairs sitting in the kitchen, indicating that the cat eyed female is in his room.

"Your room? Why instead of mines?"

The taller awkwardly clears his throat. "I know you and Chaeryeong have been hanging out a lot more, but would it kill you to put some specific items away? Gosh, Yeji was so frightened to see the sight."

Jisu's face darkens at her brother's words, she nods while looking down at her feet. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to your best friend who saw them."

Right.

With a light punch to her brother's stomach, Jisu runs up the stairs and goes straight to Soobin's room. Upon entering, she realizes Yeji is taking a shower in the male's bathroom.

"Why emit married couple vibes when you guys aren't married." She softly speaks to herself, sitting comfortably on the male's couch in his room.

Jisu wonders what life would've been like if Yeji and Soobin were the ones who got fixed into a marriage. She always dreamed of that since the day she met the female during primary school.

The brown haired remembered the first day she saw Yeji. She was awed at the way Yeji walked into the room, her hair was medium length, and she didn't have bangs like everyone else did.

As a child, Jisu was always picked on because of how small she was compared to the others. It was always a torture to come to school, especially since her brother was at a different school for males at the time. She was always afraid of recess because of how other children would suddenly gang up on her.

Then one day, it stopped. One day, the children who walked by and picked on her suddenly switched, walking by and simply ignoring Jisu instead.

It wasn't until Jisu found out that Yeji promised everyone that she would do their homework for the rest of the year if they stopped bothering Jisu.

And that's when Jisu realized that she wanted to be more than friends with Yeji. She wanted Yeji to be her sister.

It was a dream for her when the two realized their feelings for each other during the summer before starting high school. God, how she jumped up and down when Yeji told her that Soobin kissed her in the photobooth.

She smiles at the memory of the both of them screaming and squealing in happiness that night, talking about getting married into the family.

But that's the past.