fifty seven

Soobin sticks his tongue out in concentration, the chef hat barely staying put on his head as he tries his best to cut the garnishes prettily. "Ji, how am I doing? Is this the correct way?" 

Yeji turns around at her nickname, still stirring the whipped sauce in the pan. Her eyes suddenly widens at the disaster done on the cutting board and she stifles back a smile at how the male looks proud of his artwork. "You are going to cut yourself if you do it that way." 

"Ah!" Soobin jerks his hand away from the board, his other hand dropping the knife earning the cat eyed's attention. 

"What did I tell you?" She clicks her tongue in a stern matter, rushing over to his side and grabbing his hand, running his finger under cold water while making sure to press a light amount of pressure on it. "Of course you didn't listen to me because you think you can do everything correctly without directions." 

Soobin doesn't reply, his eyes staring down at the girl besides him and he looks at her like they're in middle school all over again. 

"I told you that I was going to do the cutting while you make the sauce." The female starts to nag the black haired while closing the sink off and blowing gently on the cut. "Now look, you're bleeding." 

The dimpled male lets out a small wince but he covers it up with a giggle at how he's getting nagged by the cat eyed, earning yet another glare from her. 

"What's so funny?" Yeji asks, face and tone serious that it can scare anyone off besides Soobin. 

The black haired shrugs, his free hand pushing the loose strand of hair behind his friend's ear. "Thank you for taking care of me." 

The silver haired lets out a scoff, rolling her eyes in a joking matter as she reaches for the emergency aid in their cabinet with her other hand. "For what? I'm just tending to your cut." 

"For coming into my life, Ji." Soobin sincerely says. "Without you, I don't know if I'd end up being who I am now." 

Yeji stops with what she's doing, looking up and slightly taken aback from her friend's sudden words before she lets out a sincere smile. "Hey, we're supposed to be in each other's lives for each universe, remember?" 

"Apparently, we promised each other in our past lives." Soobin agrees, throwing his head back in a fit of laughter. 

The cat eyed laughs as well, her eyes turning into the crescent shaped that anyone could fall for. 

"Sorry for ruining dinner plans for us." 

"That's okay, we can order in something to eat." Yeji reassures the dimpled male. 

*** 

Yuna peaks from the doorway to check whether or not the blue haired is asleep. Realizing that Ryujin has fallen asleep, she lightly backs away and closes the door of her bedroom. Walking back to the couch, she grabs her phone and rings Chaeryeong. 

"What's up, Nayu?" The red haired answers the phone, a little out of breath. 

The high schooler rips her phone from her ear, looking at the screen to make sure it's Chaeryeong actually speaking on the phone. Making an expression, she hesitantly brings the phone back to her ear. "Ryujin is at my apartment, sleeping." 

"Mhmm-WHAT? Jisu, wait a second--why did you let her in?" Chaeryeong exclaims. 

"She looked like a mess." Yuna replies, grabbing the tv remote and turning it on. "And then she told me what happened, that she cheated on Yeji with Heejin. I fought back all my urges to not bitch-slap her."