fourteen

Ryujin has never resorted to riding the bus ever in her life. But today was her first time, commuting to school just so she could avoid the older. The Sunday after their kiss took place the night before, it was nothing but torture. Yeji would barely speak besides giving a small response to her when there was given a question.

"Ryujin!" Chaeryeong sits down from across the pink haired girl, placing her lunch tray and noticing that the girl hasn't touched her food yet. "You're not hungry?"

"Huh? Oh yeah." The artist simply replies, picking at the sausage with her fork.

The red haired furrows her brows, noticing that something is off about her best friend. "Jin? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired." Ryujin responds, leaning in her palm while gazing at the dancer in front of her. "No Yuna today?"

Chaeryeong shakes her head before a sly smile comes up on her face. "I think Wonyoung asked out Yuna but I'm not sure."

"WHAT?" The artist suddenly sits up, interested on one of her best friends love life.

The nursing major nods. "I saw a text on Yuna's phone from one of her friends asking if she's done thinking about something. Maybe you would've known if you didn't cancel out on our dinner on Friday!"

"Ugh, I know I'm sorry." Ryujin claps her hand together, begin for forgiveness. "I'm also sorry for not being more involved with the both of you guys right now. There's way too much shit going on and I wish I can tell you but I can't at the moment."

The best friend's eyes soften, her hand reaching out to grab Ryujin's. "Jin, hey it's okay. When you're ready, we will always be here to listen."

"Um, since when were you and Choi Jisu were going at it?"

"What?"

The basketball player motions to look behind her to which Chaeryeong follows after. Seeing a rather flustered Choi Jisu walking away at the perfect timing.

"I only saw her one time and that was on exam day." The red haired shrugs. "She's cute though."

Ryujin gasps, her eyes widening as she brings both her hands up to cover her mouth. "What? My best friend finally thinks someones cute?"

"Shut up!"

Laughing in response, the older takes a bite of her lunch. "What are you up to these days?"

"I've started boxing."

***

"I'm never having a crush on someone again!" Jisu deadpans herself, burying her head in her arms on a table.

The cat eyed girl comforts the psychology major, lightly rubbing circles on the latter's back. "Will you tell me what's wrong my Julia?"

"I think Ryujin and Chaeryeong are dating." Jisu replies, sounding very upset.

Yeji worriedly strokes through her best friend's hair once hearing the tone of the girl's voice. "Did you like her that much? Even though you talked to her one time?"

"Ji! I felt a connection the moment my eyes landed on her." The tennis ace sits up, exclaiming.

The brunette shrugs. "Who knows? Maybe they aren't dating. I think they're just friends."

"No! I saw it with my own eyes, they were holding hands at the lunch room earlier and the worst thing is that they both saw me looking at Chae from afar." Jisu talks without breathing to which after a few seconds she calms herself down and falls back down on the table with a groan.