twenty

Ryujin paces back and fourth in the waiting room, not even bothering to sit. Her eyes nervously darting between the door that prohibited her from entering. She feels her heart pounding in and out of her chest nervously and she can't seem to hold back her tears anymore.

She finally knows now that she likes the specific tennis player and from that piece of fact, she feels herself wanting to drown in a hole for not realizing her feelings earlier.

"Hwang- Shin Ryujin?" The door opens with the doctor standing as Soobin finally leaves after talking to him.

The male smiles down at the pink haired girl in comfort as he nods before leaving the clinic's hospital.

Ryujin walks forward, her steps feeling heavy as she dreads to even know what happened to her arranged partner. Wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"How is she?" The artist asks, her tone of voice shaking at the thought of anything bad happening to her arranged partner.

"She's okay, Miss Ryujin." The doctor smiles, looking down at his clip board. "Unfortunately, she does have a chest infection.  This would explain the coughing of blood she experienced prior to this."

A sense of relief washes over the pink haired. "So she's okay?"

"Yes, she is. She's resting up and should be okay and ready to go home tonight. I'll prescribe some antibiotics. Make sure she rests up to at least 3 to 7 days and getting plenty of rest. She's pretty exhausted right now."

Ryujin feels her heart sink at the information given from the doctor. "We have a festival on Friday and she's one of our best players, would she be able to play?"

"Unfortunately, she can't because of her condition." He says while looking through the papers over and over again. "But, she can come and watch you and also eat the food. That's better than nothing."

The pink haired all of a sudden feels disappointed at the fact that Yeji isn't going to play this year. Especially with how much pressure she puts on herself over this festival and to not end up playing is too much to say.

"Could I see her?"

He moves aside to let the pink haired basketball player see her wife.

The whisker dimpled girl continues to walk closer and at the mere sight of seeing the cat eyed girl laying down in the hospital's bed, she herself already feels like she's exhausted. "And how did she get this chest infection?"

"The gentleman from earlier told me that she was up teaching younger kids how to play tennis and he figures she may've contracted it from one of them."

Ryujin nods, bowing to the doctor. "Thank you."

***

Yeji rubs her head from the amount of ache while she opens her eyes slowly. Blinking a couple of more times to regain her consciousness and to help the blurriness film over her vision. She feels a slight weight on top of her left hand, trying to sit up with all the strength she can.

Seeing the specific pink haired asleep while holding her hand, Yeji lets out a small smile. Bringing her free hand to reach out to fix the loose strands, she hesitates and stares for a while. Deciding to put her hand back down, she sighs to herself.

Feeling the younger shift, the brunette carefully stands still while ignoring the pain from her chest.

"You're awake." Ryujin lightly says before realizing the cat eyed model is awake. "Wait, you're awake!"

The older lets out a smile in response. "Would you stop yelling Ryujin? You know, others are resting too."

"I need to go get the doctor." The pink haired exclaims excitedly, about to get up but the tennis player holds her hand back down.

"No. I just want you here with me right now." Yeji says in a gentle manner.

Ryujin reluctantly agrees, sitting back down on the chair while her hand is still engulfed by the model's.

"Thank you for being there by my side at the moment." The older looks up at the artist, focusing a bit too much on her beautiful eyes. She feels her heart unknowingly beating at the sight of her and Yeji has no clue on what to do with this information.

From the eye contact, the younger feels her cheeks heating up tremendously. "Of-of course."

The cat eyed girl doesn't know why but she finds the flustered side of Ryujin cute and she cracks another smile. Maybe because it's the fact that she's in the hospital but the air makes her feel almost too jittery around the specific whisker dimpled girl too.

***

Yeji figures she sees this happening to her one day. But never did she thought it would be this year; the year where she went all out with tennis. The only way she was able to overcome all the stress from the incoming amount of modeling gigs and a surprise partner was to play tennis.

"I know you're upset about it." Ryujin softly says, knowing what it's like to not do something you want to. "But on the bright side, you can come watch me and freely eat all the yummy foods without worrying about your diet."

Seeing the pink haired's face, talking about the foods at this year's festival, Yeji can't help but to not feel too upset at the news. Perhaps, it was because of the mere fact that Ryujin seems excited about the fact where Yeji is going to watch her. And that's all it took for the cat eyed girl to feel better.

"My family's driver will be on his way soon, we should start packing up and getting ready to go back home." Ryujin stands up, pacing around the room as she grabs the coat that Soobin left for Yeji. Her hand grips on it tightly, walking back to where her partner is. "Soobin left you this by the way, he said this specific coat makes you feel better."

Yeji picks her head up at the dimpled boy's name, she grabs it gently from the younger's hand with a small smile knowing why this jacket makes her better.

"Are you two finally dating?" The question to which Ryujin has always been thinking seriously on blurts out her mouth.

The tennis player shakes her head immediately. "He doesn't like me back."

"Please, that is such a big lie." The pink haired rolls her eyes, remembering how Soobin was acting earlier today. "He almost cried while picking you up."

Yeji shrugs. "We've been friends since children. It makes sense."

"Who wouldn't like you?" Ryujin smiles down at her hands, not wanting to look sad in front of her crush. "You're beautiful, hard working and have a warm heart towards people you care about. Many people like you."

The brunette doesn't say anything. She wants to ask Ryujin why she doesn't like her, instead she swallows down those thoughts.

"They're just fans."

"I'm not a fan and I like you." The younger says before walking over towards the back couch and turning her back at the cat eyed girl. "And considering that I used to hate your guts is an understatement but here I am."

---