fifty two

Ryujin sits on the couch, still in shock from what Yeji told her earlier. What? Leaving her alone in the house? That sounds like a complete shit mess and she can't bring herself to tell Yeji not to leave. However, at the same time, it does sound like a peaceful offer. Maybe, the key to what Ryujin needs is the life of a single student again.

Perhaps, she wouldn't feel like this.

The feeling of being tired to come home after a fun night out with friends.

While everyone else accompanied Heejin back alone at their old mansion they used to all dorm in like the old days, Ryujin has the responsibility of coming home because she's married.

Unlike them, she has to go home to a wife and with that responsibility, she feels left out from her old clique.

The blue haired never thought of the idea of being alone in their home, by herself. Yet, here she is. All alone without the presence of her wife besides her. She feels like she's incomplete for some strange reason, a part of her heart feeling sad.

Is she sad because of Hyujin's sudden passing or is she sad because her beautiful wife isn't in their home?

With an upset mindset, she gets off the couch and walks upstairs to take a hot shower. Seeing their bedroom empty makes Ryujin let out a silent sigh before walking straight into the bathroom.

Getting a glimpse of herself in the mirror, she feels tears well up in her eyes before blinking them away.

"I look like a mess." She speaks to herself, looking at the lipstick smudge on her neck. "But, it wasn't like we both liked it. It was between friends. I don't get why she's getting her panties in a knot at the sight of it."

Rolling her eyes at the way Yeji was acting at the lipstick before she smudges it off completely with the back of her thumb. However, in the back of her head, she knows she's in the wrong. But being the girl she is, Ryujin is stubborn and ignores that.

Instead, she thinks she's done nothing wrong and that the cat eyed girl is overreacting.

Turning the shower dial to the hottest setting, the artist strips herself while waiting for it to heat up. Immediately, the hot water steams up the bathroom and Ryujin hops in. Letting out a content sigh at the water hitting her back.

"I miss her." Ryujin finally takes in everything that happened today and she breaks down into a sob.

She feels guilty for not missing Hyunjin the amount of how much she misses Yeji. That's all it took for the artist to sit down in the shower and hug her knees to her chest while letting out a upsetting cry.

***

Yeji hovers her thumb over Ryujin's contact, contemplating whether or not to call her.

"Don't do it, Ji." Jisu says from behind, starting the model. "Oopsies, sorry."

The model lets out a small grin in response before throwing her phone on the bed, letting out a deep sigh before crashing down onto Jisu's bed. "She'll be alright, right?"

"From what I took from this, she wanted the space and you're giving her that space. Besides, she did come home with another girl's lipstick and not just any girl. It's the girl that was smacking lips with Ryujin on the 2nd day of your marriage." Jisu argues, sticking up for her best friend's option of giving the art major space before lying down next to Yeji. "She's going to be just fine, Yeji."

The cat eyed lets out one more deep sigh, scooting closer to Jisu and snuggling into her. "You're right. When she's ready, she'll let me know."

"Atta girl." Jisu smiles at the older, wrapping her arms gently around Yeji's body. "I remember when we used to have sleepovers all the time back in high school. When you left for Paris and we had to leave for Canada, I would cry over you not being by my side. God, I was such a cry baby without having my best friend with me. But, Soobin definitely had it worse than me."

Hearing the soft snooze from the girl in her arms, the brown haired softly places a friendly kiss to Yeji's temple. Patting gently on Yeji's back in a soothing manner. "I guess I'll tell you this next time."

The door of Jisu's bedroom opens, revealing Soobin with a pout on his mouth. "Could I please cuddle with you guys?"

"Get outta here." Jisu shout-whispers at her brother. "She fell asleep anyways, so scurry along."

"You're so mean~"

***

Ryujin lays her head down on the table before the lecture starts. She barely got enough sleep last night. She's positive it was because of that sick feeling of missing Yeji more than Hyunjin. Could she help it? Definitely not. That's why she feels so shitty right now.

"Geez, what's up with you?" Chaeryeong asks, sliding into the seat besides her friend. "Everything okay?"

The blue haired picks her head up, giving a helpless look at her best friend before face-planting into the table again. "Hyunjin passed away yesterday. Yeji slept somewhere else to give me space because I'm a shitty wife."

"Oh." The red haired replies unknowingly, not knowing what else to say. "I'm sorry for your loss, Jinnie."

Ryujin picks her head up again, letting out a slump shrug. "I wasn't close to her anyways, I'm more worried about Heejin."

"Your first love, huh?" Chaeryeong raises one of brows up, knowing why Ryujin is acting the way she is.

The art major's hand balls into a fist at the past. "She wasn't my first love, Chae."

"You can try to lie to me, I'm not Yuna. We all know you loved Heejin in a way she didn't love you back. And you think you have some sort of connection with her, hence why you're caring for her after the death of her girlfriend." The nursing major's tone is stoic, not caring whether or not Ryujin is listening. "Ryujin, you used to steal for her. You thought the love between you guys was real and it wasn't."

Ryujin's jaw is clenched upon hearing those words coming out of her best friend's mouth. "Shut the fuck up, Chae."

"From the sounds of it, you need to get your act together." The red haired scolds the artist. "We aren't in middle school anymore. You're in college and married to someone now. You can't let old memories ruin that for you."

Chaeryeong is right, however, Ryujin is going to ignore that.

"Also, Yuna's been trying to reach you since that day you two fought." Chaeryeong takes out her notebook and pencil bag. "You two need to make up."

The universe just loves seeing Shin Ryujin in a messy life, doesn't it?

-- -- --