forty three

Ryujin doesn't know if its because the cicadas are chirping or not but snuggling close to Yeji keeps her to peace. Like she feels as if she can breathe properly and everything around her seems to be shaped as a heart. Perhaps, she's just in love. In love with the most perfect being on this planet. 

"Are you ready for your last surprise?" The older's soft tone brings the artist back to reality in which the artist lets out a derpy smile in response. 

Yeji releases her hand out of the artist's hold, reaching over to grab her backpack sitting against the tent's wall. Handing the bag over to the artist, Yeji motions at her to unzip the bag. 

Ryujin does as told, unzipping the metal handle and being met face-to-face with a light blue gift box prettily tied with a purple silk bow. Carefully taking the gift box out, the label on the gift reads 'To: My Pretty Girl'. 

Pretty girl? That's a new nickname that Ryujin doesn't think she'll ever get tired by if it comes out of the cat eyed girl's mouth. Looking up from the gift, the blue haired feels like she's going to burst out in tears at the sincerity shown by Yeji. 

"Don't go crying yet." Yeji lets out a chuckle, her eyes brightly creasing into crescent moons and Ryujin feels as if she can fall in those eyes. "You have to see this gift first!" 

The artist lets out a quick nod, her hands untying the pretty bow. At the sight of seeing her wife untie the bow, the silver haired feels her heart stop from the nervousness running all throughout her nerves. Her breath hitches when the younger takes the lid off the box. 

Ryujin lets out a loud gasp, her eyes meeting with the cat eyed pairs. "Yeji, you couldn't have!" 

"Do you like them? I had it custom made with our initials engraved " Yeji asks, her tone full of anxiousness and excitement mixed all together. 

"Why wouldn't I like them?" The younger asks, dumbfounded by the question.

 Of course, anything given by the older is an immediate love! There's never a no for that! Ever. 

"How did you get these rings? They're like newly released." 

The model lets out a shrug, carelessly taking out the 18K white gold decorated with three diamonds out like she's used to touching them. "As a model, I'm introduced to early releases. When I stumbled upon these, I immediately placed an order for us." 

"Wow, you must really like me to buy me a $4,000 Cartier ring." Ryujin teases to stop herself from bawling her eyes out. 

Yeji laughs in response, putting the ring onto Ryujin's ring finger. "You're the first person to make me feel like this. Every time I'm with you, I feel like the missing piece that I was trying so hard to find all throughout the years is you. I've never felt like this with anyone. The 10-years old Hwang Yeji wouldn't believe me if I told her I'm in love with Shin Ryujin." 

The younger throws her head back in laughter at the glimpse of the 10-years old Yeji letting out a grimace at the thought of Yeji being in love with her. WAIT WAIT WAIT! IN LOVE?? 

"What? I-in love?" 

The cat eyed girl lets out a giggle, her eyes pouring love into the blue haired's irises before pulling the blue haired in for a quick kiss. "Yes Shin. I love you." 

WTFWTFWTF! 

"I love you." Ryujin says while her stomach is doing crazy backflips. She shortly chases after the naturally-pouty looking lips. "A whole lot." 

"I'm glad that I finally caught up on the chapter you're on." 

*** 

Promising the girls that they were going to the new opening of a restaurant, Ryujin sadly exits out of her wife's car. Before closing the door, the cat eyed girl stares at her and gives her a bright warm eyed smile.