fifty three

"You have to eat something, you know?" Chaeryeong looks down at her best friend, laying her head besides her lunch tray. Knowing that her friend isn't going to budge anytime soon, Chaeryeong sighs. "Look, I'm sorry I was harsh with my words earlier. I just want the best for you, Ryu. You look happy being with Yeji and I don't want you to throw all that away just for some old friends."

The blue haired grimaces at the words 'old friends', picking her head up and giving a scoff in response. "You wouldn't understand, Chaeryeong. The friendships I had within that group is different than the one I have with you and Yuna."

The red haired stays quiet for a while. Speechless, she could only let out a silent scoff.

"If that's how you feel." Chaeryeong gets out of her seat and picks her lunch tray up, suddenly losing her appetite. "See you around, Ryujin."

Someone give Ryujin a "rewind" button. Before the artist could say anything to mend the red haired from leaving, she realizes that the dancer has already walked off after throwing away her lunch. At the sight, she lets out another sigh.

This is probably her 100th sigh of the day. Getting comfortable in her spot, she lies back down besides her tray.

Hearing the usual everyday screams coming from Yeji's fan club, Ryujin groans silently, annoyed. She doesn't want to bother picking her head up to look at her wife because she knows she's going to feel upset. But, knowing Ryujin, she's already have her head up and facing towards the direction of the cafeteria's entrance.

Just as fate decides to hit at the right timing, coincidentally, Yeji also looks towards the direction of where her blue haired artist sits. Ryujin doesn't fail to notice the moment where her wife was about to give a small smile but stopped herself, breaking their eye contact and paying attention to her two friends instead.

"I was the one who asked for space." She mumbles to herself, picking up a tray and walking off towards the trash. "There's no reason for me to feel upset by her."

Yeji could hear Soobin and Jisu's antics and bickering again but her eyes are on the artist's back, watching her walk away and exiting the cafeteria. Yeji is good at controlling herself, however, she's having trouble today.

But, she's going to respect the space that Ryujin wanted.

"Why did mom and dad only give you height?" Jisu remarks, raising her eyebrows at her brother. "I'm much worthy of being taller than you!"

Soobin scowls, his eyes glaring at the shorter. "You'll probably abuse the power of being tall."

"You two are too loud." Yeji shakes her head, feeling the second-hand embarrassment of her two friends.

***

During the rest of Ryujin's classes, she could only think about going home and lie in her bed, unproductive. However, she too thinks about going to where Yeji is always at, letting her wife know that she doesn't want space at all.

But, the blue haired wants to grieve the loss of her friend. Alone.

Is she a bad friend for not missing Hyunjin as much? Is she a bad friend for missing Yeji more?

Ryujin thought that without having the cat eyed around, she would fulfill that feeling of missing her friend more like the rest of the others. How in the world could she put Yeji above her dead friend?

Ryujin's hands are sketching out a woman but her mind and heart is somewhere else. She feels like she's on autopilot right now and feels like she could explode out in sobs any minute now.