sixty three

Perhaps it was the night breeze, or the warm hand that she is holding but Ryujin feels like she is overheating into a warm trance. Possibly, it could be the flu medicine from earlier in which the older upper-class male forced her to take.

"I apologize for having to make you walk in the cold with me." Yeji speaks while walking, she too is shivering a little bit. "My car is left at a bar."

The ash-gray haired realizes how the cat eyed is formal with her again. It hurts, to be honest. However, in the distant sight of the formalities, Ryujin can still feel Yeji's heart. Sweet, sweet Yeji whose heart is like the characteristics of the artist's favorite seasons.

"We're almost there, okay?" The older gently speaks, turning around every so often to make sure the younger looks okay. "Are you feeling cold?"

Ryujin hesitates for a moment, deciding whether to lie because she too wants to make sure her wife is warm as well.

"Come here." Yeji lets go of their hands, unzipping her jacket wide for the younger to walk into.

The artist hesitates, worried that this could overturn her mind up about their divorce.

"I'm getting cold." Yeji rolls her eyes, getting impatient on the shorter.

Ryujin gets caved in, walking into the model's embrace. She hears Yeji let out a small hum in content before wrapping her arms around the artist.

"Warm~" Yeji lightly says, as both girls struggle to walk together through the night.

However, even though their trip is a struggle, another meaning came from it.

The bond that Ryujin and Yeji have with each other is unbreakable, at least that is what Ryujin got from this small moment.

In Yeji's point of view, she feels as if she and Ryujin are the 'right person, wrong time.' Everything feels right with her beautiful whisker-dimpled wife, too, right. In spite of that, their timing ended up getting into a knot that will take a stretch for it to get unknotted.

For all that, she, too, will keep this small nighttime memory in her heart forever. And she hopes, in the future, both of them could end up making it work.

***

Ryujin notices the way Yeji takes extra care of her, from making sure the soup is not too hot before scooting the bowl over to her, to having the chef prepare the younger's dish with certain ingredients to help aid the well-being of the younger.  

However, she sees that Yeji is busy again with upcoming shoots and the end-of-the-year projects as well. 

"You don't have to be here with me." Ryujin quietly speaks, loud enough for them to hear with soft music in the background of the small restaurant they're at. "I know you're busy."

The blonde hair lets out a small shrug, picking up her noodles with the chopsticks. "Nothing is more important than you." 

"Um..I've been thinking since today, especially after bonding a little with Soobin." Ryujin feels nervous to say this. 

Why is she nervous? 

Perhaps, could it be that this dinner will be the final time they'll both spend with each other's presence?

Yeji nods, a gentle smile on her mouth, encouraging the younger to continue where she stopped at. 

"I'll sign the divorce." The younger says, her voice a little hoarse from the small choking feeling that starts forming in the back of her throat.