twenty seven

Chaeryeong grimaces at the sight of Yuna and Wonyoung feeding each other popcorn. She shudders at the thought of them kissing and turn away to look back down at the basketball players getting ready for their game in the court.

"I knew I should've sat next to Shuhua and Yuqi." She mutters to herself while looking across to the other side of the bleachers, seeing all the other sports teams sitting in their assigned spots.

Her eyes make contact with a certain tennis player and she feels her cheeks becoming to a rosy color. The tennis player from the other side sends a small smile before turning away to talk to another player on the team.

"Maybe this seat isn't the worst..." The red haired trails, continuing to admire the sophomore student.

Hearing a few nearby screams, the three girls look around to figure out why everyone is losing their heads over. Getting sight of Yeji and Soobin, Yuna hyperventilates at the mere sight of Yeji sitting next to Wonyoung.

"Wonyoung move! Let's change seats!"

The youngest pouts out her bottom lips at the way the floor ball athlete shoved her.

Yuna takes notice of this and grabs the girl's hand, rubbing it to make up for hurting the younger. "I'm sorry."

"That's okay."

"Could we switch seats now?"

Wonyoung glares at the black haired. "Yuna."

"Sorry." The older pipes back down in her seat, trying to get the best of seeing her idol.

Chaeryeong laughs at the two high schooler, sticking her tongue out at Yuna in the process. "Finally someone is able to put you in your place Shin."

"You are so lucky she's sitting next to you." Yuna leans over to Wonyoung's ear and whispering.

The younger smiles and whisper backs an "I know."

Soobin hands the cat eyed her corn dog. "Eat up Ji! I know you've never had this before."

"Hmph! That should be me in his spot." Yuna rolls her eyes, ripping away from the attention and focusing on the basketball team coming in.

She squints when she sees Ryujin. Wait a minute-is she limping?

"Um why the hell is this bitch limping?" The dancer sits straight all of a sudden, abruptly standing up causing Yeji's and Soobin's eyes to fall on her.

Yuna is in confusion. "S-She was fine earlier. Why is she all suddenly-"

"-This is bullshit!" Chaeryeong curses when she looks down at her phone, seeing the texts from her best friend while sitting back down. "Some girls tripped her in the bathroom and she thinks she sprained her ankle."

The floor ball athlete lightly groans. "And she can't even count it as a foul because it didn't happen in the match. Which means she has to play no matter what."

Yeji's eyebrows furrow at the conversation between Ryujin's friends. Her hands tightly grip onto the water bottle. Why is she feeling angry?

Soobin squeaks at the noise coming from the water bottle in his best friend's hand.

"The opposing team-it's Hyeju." Yeji mutters under her breath, her glare falling coldly onto the raven haired below.

The dimpled male seating next to her takes a bite of his corn dog in fear. "I would not want to be her right now."

"Wait Yeji! Where are you going?"

***

It's as if Ryujin's body stiffened seeing Hyeju with fire burning in her eyes standing on the other side of the court. She couldn't recognize her anymore, the Hyeju she met is very very different from the girl she sees right now.

Ryujin tried to flash a smile towards the raven haired but Hyeju just kept a straight face, seemingly having her focus only on the game between the two universities and only on the game.

The minute the ball gets thrown up in the air with the whistle blowing, the way Hyeju moved during practice is different to the way she moves here. The atmosphere is darkened and Ryujin feels the tension. She's more aggressive and every serve of how the ball is near one another is full of impact.

Ryujin finds herself struggling to race for the ball from one direction to another, especially when she finds her foot feeling paralyzed.

Her emotions got to the best of her mind when the opposing university takes the first round.

God, she feels so stupid right now. Especially being in front of all these people that are watching the game. She feels like she's making a fool of herself while she recalls everything about the transfer student.

The way they met, their playful practices, their sessions with one another.

Ryujin struggles to getting the ball but the aching pain on her ankle blocks her from even anchoring all her strength to the lower half of her body. An overwhelming mix of emotions begins to weigh in onto her chest and before she realizes, tears are streaming uncontrollably down her cheeks.

With the last ounce of confidence and energy trying to build up in her, she races for the ball from Hyeju's grasp but the latter strikes back away with full harshness resulting the blue haired to continue going after.

However, the pulsating pain on her ankle brings her down, her body crashing onto the court with her elbows roughing up from the outside concrete.

The loud whistle echoes through her ears and she hears people calling her name. The pain adds onto the weight of her chest and before she knew it, the rebel tough image she was always known for disappears. That was what it all took for her eyes to break down before she knew it.

Feeling something hit her head and the wet soggy moisture drips down onto her newly dyed hair, down her temples and onto the sides of her face as she sees the egg shells drop from the top. Following by another egg and another in just less of seconds.

Ryujin bears to look up to where its coming from and she lost all her strength and confidence to get back up and stop the group of girls from earlier in the bathroom. The tears from her eyes are streaming endlessly down her cheeks.

The shoulders of hers are moving up and down as she sobbed trying to get the heavy lift off her chest but it's not helping at all. It's making her feel even worse and she swears she feels like the biggest loser right now.

Hearing names coming off from the mouths of all the girls, Ryujin can't help but to bring herself down to look at the ground. She can't keep her head up to see the way everyone is reacting, especially Yeji.

Oh god Yeji. 

Suddenly, all the yelling and hitting stops. She figures that someone was able to stop all the mess. It's probably someone from the student government, an administrator, a coach or anyone with higher status to shut the whole crowd down.

Ryujin sees a shadow reflecting off the ground in front of her, lifting up her head.

"Ready to go home?"

Letting out a nod with puffy eyes and a teary face, Ryujin struggles to look straightly at the older.

Yeji bends down letting the younger ride onto her back, carrying her partner out of the mess. 

"Let's go home." 

-- -- --