Fireplace (Technap)

Sapnoblade

****

Techno stares at the fire on the fireplace, watching it dance and tell a story.

It's been a year since he bought the haunted house. He didn't really have a choice and it's the only cheapest house he can get, plus the closest to his job. Yeah, his lover just cheated on him and he doesn't wanna stay on a place where he gets random memories. Once he settled in, the fireplace always light up at the afternoon till the next morning, even if there's no wood. It creeped him out at first so he slept outside in a tent on the first night. Pretty scary right?

Took him a while to get used to the fire just lighting up randomly. There were no times the ghost tried to scare him away or drag him to hell, just peaceful sounds of the burning wood. One day, Techno had a very stressful day that he started venting the fuck out of it. The ghost heard it, yep.

Techno was startled the hell out when he heard a voice. It was clearer than the voices in his head so that's where his and Sapnap's friendship started.

"Hey, Techno. Feed me some coal please?"

Techno tosses coals in the fireplace and Sapnap murmurs a "thank you." Techno leans on the couch and sighs. "Stressful day?"

"Yeah." The fire swirls like a tornado and a figure of a human forms, it crawled out the fireplace and sits in the cauldron filled with coals.

"You wanna talk about it?" Techno looks at the fire and looks up at the ceiling. "Tommy messed up a Karen's order, Wilbur tripped and caused a few people, him too, injured from the broken glasses, someone almost set the kitchen on fire, and I did all the cleaning."

Sapnap hums and makes a fire rose. Techno lays on the couch on his side, facing Sapnap and staring at his fire figure. Sapnap hums a lullaby as he tells a story, making sure to tell Techno as easy as possible and not drop any of the flames on the floor. Techno gently smiles at the little girl running around with her pony. This reminded him of his little sister back at home.

He wonders how she looks like now.

Sapnap sees the small smile from Techno and stopped his story from ending it badly, he gave a good ending just to keep that smile alive. The story continues and Techno eventually fell asleep. Sapnap dips his hands on the bucket of water, the fire dies and turns into a steam, and he gently cups Techno's cheek. Techno shivers on the cold touch and slightly backs away from it. "Goodnight." Sapnap whispers.

****

This pretty old and I has lost idea