Runaway Child

Oh hey. This was a December request. This is so old and I'm rusty. I've been drawing a lot so yeeeaahh...

****

A young blond child runs into the forest as guards chases after him.  It’s cold and windy out and the child can barely make his way home. He can hear the guards getting closer and closer to him, the wind blowing through their armor causing them to stumble around and fall into the bushes. He’s about to fall when he sees a large, dark figure emerge from the trees. The boy gasps before running towards him and hiding behind his leg. “It’s okay little one, I just wanted to see what you are up to. Are you lost?” says the stranger in a soothing voice.

"Please help me." The stranger's eyes widen and he quickly takes off his tailcoat, wrapping the small boy into a burrito. "Where is he?!" Yelled a guard. The stranger curses as he looks around, he looks back at the boy. "Close your eyes and trust me okay?" The boy nods and closes his eyes, the stranger quickly pours a lot of dirt, enough to dirty the blond hair. "Don't open them until I say so."

The man picks Tommy up and places him on his back where the guard has passed by. They run for hours until the sky starts to turn pink, with how long the prince has been running the sun will be rising soon. The stranger lets out an exhausted breath as they stop, laying down next to a creek. Tommy opens his eyes and looks at the stranger. "What's your name?" He asks.

"Gimme a break kid," the man says in between breaths, "we've ran away too far."  He reaches over to pick up Tommy again but the boy refuses to come. "Are you going to leave me? Will you never come back?” He asks quietly. The man frowns slightly, “I won’t abandon you. If you stay by my side you can have whatever you want. I promise.”

“Okay.” The two stare at each other before the boy breaks out into a smile.

“You promise, Mister...?"

"Wilbur. Just call me Wilbur."

They continue running along the banks of the creek, Tommy asking more questions every time they run into new land or creatures. Soon enough, Tommy grew up and made a new friend named Tubbo. Whenever Wilbur is somewhere, Tubbo and Tommy would play and cause chaos somewhere else, they'd get home with a worried Wilbur.

Though, that quickly dies down as they all have dinner together and repeat their days, until Wilbur comes across a small village. "Say, Tommy."

"Hm?" Tommy turns to look at Wilbur.

"What do you say we create a country?" Wilbur smirks.  The boy smiles widely in excitement. "A nation with people like us? Can we go live there someday?"

"Yes!" Wilbur grabs Tommy's hand and pulls him towards the edge of town.

"Come on! Let's start our new world!"

****

Tommy doesn't know how, why and when he got here, but it definitely started because of the discs. Those discs were precious and he held them with care. Now he stands under the water pit with his best friend, torn at what they have and what he has to choose, to decide, and what to fight for.

Technoblade stands above, waiting for Tommy to tell him what to do. "Tommy, think hard about this." Tommy blinks and turns to look up at Techno, Techno held hope and trust in Tommy. Techno knows that Tommy loves those discs and they love those discs, he just wants to take control of their lives for once. Tommy shakes his head. "Fuck the discs, and fuck you too Tubbo!" Tubbo flinch, hurt by his words. Everyone around them gasps at what Tommy just decided.

Tommy thought Tubbo really deserved it, Tubbo exiled him and did not even bother to visit him when he was on his exile home. The only man who decided to check on him was Techno, even if Techno was making fun of him for being exiled from his own country at least he still cared for him and actually treated him as a friend.