Chapter 46

GEN'S POV

They said that you can't have a cake and eat it too. It may be true to some but that doesn't apply to me at the moment. I'm literally holding the most delectable strawberry shortcake while staring at the picturesque sky. The sun setting, allowing the moon to appear and be bright gives me happy thoughts.

I sigh. Indeed, one sad soul will find the calmness when seeing the sun whispers goodbye on earth. The soft gold in the sky makes me hopeful that no matter how shitty my day starts it will always end beautifully.

How I wish that life is simple as that. But who am I kidding, it isn't and will never be. Liam will always be the crown prince and I'm just me, a commoner who happens to be head over heels in love with royalty.

Napasimangot ako't ibinaba ang hawak ko sa lamesa. I was at the deck enjoying the afternoon while Liam left to fetch something in his room. Matapos ang pagtatalo namin kanina, I decided to set my anger aside and enjoy the boat and the crown prince's presence. It's awkward–we both are with each other–after what transpired last night and the big revelation about the atrocity they called El Reglamento Royale but we're trying to set things straight. Liam handed me a thick copy of the outrageous rules his ancestors made, basahin ko raw at kung may tanong ako sabihin ko sa kanya.

Well, spoiler I have millions of hows, whys, and OMGs after two hours of sticking my nose to that atrocity. I can't wait to give Liam a piece of my mind not that it will matter, but I'll tell him anyway.

I squint, nabitawan ko ang tinidor na hawak. What the...? Is that a flash?

"Liam, put that down. Haggard ang tao eh!" Saway ko habang nakatakip ang kanang palad sa mga mata.

"No can do. You're lovely. No. You're breathtaking."

Inalis ko ang kamay sa mga mata. Liam was holding his camera, grinning like a schoolboy.

"Tama na sabi."

"No. This is for our scrapbook. I saw it last time sa bahay n'yo. You started it and you need tons of photos for that, Genessia," excited na sabi n'ya habang patuloy sa pagpindot ng camera.

I averted my eyes and feign nonchalance.

My life with Liam now is blurry. I don't think I can finish our scrapbook. Pero hindi kaya ng konsensiya ko na sabihin 'yon sa binata. He's happy, I don't want to burst the bubble.

"Knock yourself out, Your Royal Highness," umingos ako't hinayaan s'ya sa trip niya. Ibinalik ko

ang atensiyon sa napaka gandang tanawin sa harapan namin.

I smile, and another flash.

"You like the cake?"

Tumango ako't nilingon ang nobyong kasalukuyang umuupo sa gawing kanan ko. He's immaculately beautiful with his khaki shorts and white linen polo. Liam looks relaxed compared to earlier and his flawlessness defies reality on every level. Tao ba 'to?

"Out of this world," I mean him not the cake.

"I agree. Noel's the best patissier in the palace. The Queen loves his macaron, you have to try it," he grazes my face with his knuckles.

The warmth of Liam's hand on my skin sucked the air out of my lungs. He's taking his time kissing my hands leisurely. I swallowed and looked at him wide-eyed as I tried to normalize my breathing but failed miserably.

Liam's showing his clingy, touchy side made me want to crawl him. The crown prince is worshipping me. I felt all my little hair shoots up and heat crept on my cheeks nang halikan nang marahan ang mga palad ko.