Chapter 37

GEN'S POV

MY HEAD IS KILLING ME. To say that I've got the hangover of the century will be a freaking understatement. Inis na inumpog ko sa salamin ng kotse ang ulo sabay ungol. Ba't mas iniinda ko ang kirot sa dibdib kaysa ang nasa bumbunan ko?

The answer is simple. I'm fucking broken.

Mariin kong ipinikit ang mga mata. Ramdam ko ang manaka-nakang pagsulyap ni V niya sa gawi ko pero 'di ito nag tangkang tanungin o kausapin ako hanggang sa makarating kami ng bahay. Ayoko sanang magpahatid rito pero bago pa ako maghurumentado, naunahan na ako ni Liam. He gave me his signature I take no prisoner look so I just purse my lips and shut the fuck up.

"Thanks, V," mahinang sabi ko kipkip ang shoulder bag.

"Go inside. Ako na mag dadala ng mga gamit mo. The doctor will arrive any minute now."

"What doctor?" Gulat na tanong ko sa kanya, natigil ang akma kong pagbaba ng kotse.

"From the infirmary. His Royal Highness wants to make sure you're okay. Now, go inside."

Inirapan ko siya. Paika-ikang bumaba ako't pumasok sa loob ng bahay kung saan kasalukuyang naghahain ng agahan si Ate Ading. My parents were shocked to see me. I told them that I accidentally tripped off last night at napasama ang bagsak ko. Hindi naman na nag usisa ang mga ito. Gaya ng sinabi ni V, ilang saglit pa'y dumating na ang isa sa mga doctor ng palacio.

After giving me pain meds and telling me to put ice compress on the injured part, the good doctor leaves. I was left in my room brooding.

I heard my phone chime, it was Liam. Dalawang magkasunod na message muna ang pinalipas ko bago ko kinuha iyon para basahin. The first one was short, telling me to take care and inform him once I arrived home. I read the next one and I started to cry.

Kamahalan: How are you feeling now? I hope that you'll feel better. I'm so worried about you, Genessia. As much as I want to take care of you and made sure that you'll be alright, I can't cause you wouldn't allow me. I understand and frankly, it's the hardest request you've asked. I hope to never hear it again.

You, shutting me out like this made me realize one thing. My happiness fears..my whole life, lies in your hand.

I may be the Crown Prince of this country but you hold great power over me. You are both the Queen and Ace in my world, Love.

I'm just a useless domineering asshole without you, Genessia. Seeing you crying miserably made me want to punch my self last night. Bakit ko hinayaang mangyari 'yon at bakit hinayaan kitang masaktan? I don't wanna see you cry again, Love. Patawarin mo ko dahil kailangan pang umabot sa ganito bago ko maintindihan ang lahat.

I deserve your anger but please I don't think I deserve your silence. Forgive me, amore. I hope that you don't keep me waiting too long.

While wiping my face, I tried to compose a reply to his message.

Me: The doctor came and advised me to rest. Thank you for your generosity. I need to think and breathe, Liam. Your world, our set up overwhelms me. I'm not good at this kind of emotion, being angry or jealous. Yes, I admit it. I'm jealous. I don't know how to handle this immense jealousy that took my whole system by surprise.

You want me to talk to you but as of this moment, wala akong maisip na sabihin sa'yo. Gusto kong kumalma muna bago kita harapin. It was the only way I know. You need to breathe also.

I'll let you know when I'm okay. Take care.

I hit the send button and closed my eyes. I feel awful. Did I overreact? Did my bitchiness make us both miserable? Ramdam ko ang sakit at bigat ng kalooban ni Liam. I was put out of my musings when my phone alerts me for a new message.