ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ?

I don't own Boku no Hero academia/My Hero academia. I do however own a half-filled sketchbook.
⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎

Present Mic opened the door to his car for me and I silently slipped inside.

The car was pretty clean, there were only a few papers scattered around. But then again, I had no idea what the trunk of the car looked like. And I do not think I want to know. Present Mic sat down in the seat beside me and started the car. I looked out the window and watched as the view changed.

"So, what was the thing you wanted to talk about?" I asked.

It kind of felt like Present Mic had avoided the subject he brought up himself. Maybe he just did not want to talk about it while the rest of the U.A staff was around.

"Well, you are a Quirk Doctor... And I have been a bit worried about my quirk lately." Present Mic said. His expression changed from his usual happy face to a concerned frown.

"What aspect are we talking about? The quirk itself? Its impact on you? Or maybe its impact on others?" I asked him.

"My quirks affect on me..." Present Mic trailed off.

'Well, this can't be good. I rarely see Present Mic like this, so something must be troubling him. I just hope it isn't anything too serious.' I thought as I glanced at the man driving the car.

"Alright. What is it that is bothering you?" I asked.

"My throat has been killing me for the past month or so. Usually, it's just a little stinging, not anything too serious unless I overuse my quirk. Besides that, my hearing has also been a bit... Off?" Present Mic said. The last part sounded like he was not entirely sure how to explain his situation.

"Has something like this happened before or is this the first time?" I said, wanting to know more about the situation.

"Not really. That is why I am worried." Present Mic said.

"I understand that you are worried. However, I can't say what the problem might be right now. I have to examine this further. The hospital I work at does Pro Hero check-ups tomorrow. You could drop by and ask for a check-up. We will be a total of 5 Quirk Doctors, so we should be able to squeeze you in." I said while fishing a notepad and a pen up from my bag.

I started to scribble down the address of the hospital and further details about the check-ups.

"I would prefer it would be you doing the check-up. I don't want to let too many people in on this." Present Mic said.

"We are not allowed to say anything about the patients we treat... Their medical condition that is. I am allowed to bitch about them though. I don't use their name unless it is Endeavor. I am very vocal about that man; he is a professional asshat." I sighed. Just the thought of that man made my head hurt.

Present Mic chuckled quietly and said: "I guess you are right. I would still prefer you though."

"You could always ask for me," I said.

The sound of rain hitting the window made me turn my attention to the world outside the car. Rain was pouring down like someone was watering their garden. 'It has been raining quite a lot lately. I wonder if it will rain again tomorrow... Wait a minute it's Friday tomorrow, isn't it? I have been so busy that I haven't even kept track of the days' I thought amazed by my own stupidity.

"Uhm, Mic what day is it tomorrow?" I asked.

"It's Friday tomorrow." He responded.

'Alright, so I am not completely lost. I need a break. Luckily, I have no work after tomorrow because of the whole U.A. thing. Guess it's not completely terrible after all. I just hope there won't be too many injuries. Oh well, only time will tell.' I mused as I looked outside the window. The rain was only getting heavier as we drove.