ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29: ꜰᴇᴀʀ ʟᴏᴄᴋ.

I don't own Boku no Hero academia/My Hero academia. I do however own several worms on a string.

⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎

"Sure thing. What can I help you with?" Recovery Girl asked.

I looked around me to check for people. There was All Might, Midoriya and Bakugo. Bakugo was completely knocked out and All Might looked like he was about to leave. So, the only one left would be Midoriya.

"Could we maybe go somewhere more private?" I asked.

Recovery Girl gave me a knowing look and gestured for me to follow her.

We did not walk far but far enough to be out of earshot. It was late afternoon most students and teachers had gone home by now. The whole building was quiet with the exception of Recovery Girls cane. There were also muffled voices of Midoriya and All Might talking. I could not make out what they were saying so I assumed they would not be able to understand what I was saying either.

"I'm assuming something is bothering you and whatever it is you would like to keep private." Recovery Girl said.

I just gave her a small nod.

"So, what is the problem dear." She asked.

I took a deep breath to steady myself. My entire body was filled with nervousness. But I had to do this. I had to get help. Even if it made me feel extremely guilty.

"My quirk is acting strange. It hurts to use it and when I use it, I get an extreme feeling of anxiety. This has never happened before." I sighed.

Recovery girl let out a hum and closed her eyes. She looked like she was deep in thought. It made me feel kind of anxious. I know she was probably just considering the different causes, but even so, the silence was frightening.

"There is one thing that comes to mind when you describe your situation. I think you are experiencing a fear lock." Recovery Girl finally said.

"Fear lock?" I questioned.

"Yes, that's what I call it. It does not have an official name. But I see it a lot here at U.A. It's most of the time the students that have to deal with it. But a few staff members have dealt with it too." Recovery Girl explained

I tilted my head to the side in confusion this was the first time I ever heard about this.

"It happens when your quirk is ready to reach a new level but your body isn't. Because your quirk is trying to evolve it becomes painful to use. Your body simply cannot handle the power of the quirk. Because your body wants to protect itself it tried to prevent you from using your quirk. It does this by making you feel anxious. Your body tries to make you afraid of using your quirk. It does so by latching on to your last uncomfortable experience and then reminding you of it when you use your quirk. The experience itself doesn't even have to be that frightening it can even be something as mundane as accidentally cutting your hand when making food. Your body will just ably the fear until I make you feel anxious." She continued.

"That makes a lot of sense. I did experience something frightening before this began. But it was something that happens more than once in my line of work. I was really confused. I couldn't really understand why I was so shaken after the experience." I said.

"Your quirk has two different abilities, right?" Recovery Girl asked

"Yes I can use it to heal and I can make blasts of energy." I answered.