chapter 29: revealing his past....

It's been two weeks since everything has happened, honesty it's been rough. Nick has been weird and keeping his distance from me lately and I hate it. Today I was down and determined to get to the bottom of his ways and why he's been acting the way he has. Whatever it is, it ends today !

Pulling into Nick's apartment, my mind going a hundred miles an hour. Not really sure what to say, just knowing something has to be said. I get myself out of the truck and head towards nicks door. I start knocking with no asnswer I start rapidly pound on his front door, I know he's home but still nothing...I then decide to use the key he gave me. Opening the door I look around for nick, but in stead I see nothing but liquor bottles...everywhere ! tequila, jack Daniels, crown, rum,captain Morgan. You name it, it was there. "What is going on with him ?!" I question my self out loud. Shutting the door behind me I head towards the bedroom, seeing the door slightly cracked I open it a little wider "click" "AHHH WHAT THE HELL NICK ?!" I scream at the sight in front of me "oh my god Kristen, I'm so sorry" nick apologized. "Why in the hell do you have a gun out and can you please put it away ?" I say to nick, confused to why he had a gun out as if he was waiting for somebody. "Yeah, sorry" he says once again. Before carefully unloading the gun and putting it away. "Baby please, what is going on. You've been really distant with me lately and I come here to see if you're okay only to find empty liquor bottles everywhere and you with a gun out and loaded as if you were waiting for someone" I tell him with tears threatening my eyes. "Baby, please don't cry come here" he tells me before coming over and hugging me tightly and in that moment I lose it and begin to cry in his arms "please just tell me..." I plead to nick, I need to know. "Okay, I'll explain everything" nick says before sitting me down next to him on the bed. "Okay do you remember the group of guys eying you at the beach, well I knew one of them and that's why I got worried and wanted to go with you to your truck, I knew what they were all capable of" he admits "okay, go on" I tell him. "Well, the guy i know his name is Jesse. I met him shortly after you moved away. Jasmine helped me with my depression but she wasn't good enough, I needed you and I missed you like crazy and I guess you can I was stupid but I started getting into trouble, hanging with the wrong crowd Jesse being one of them. He and I were in the same gang we became gang brothers. He was a great friend to me, when I got shot he stayed with me and helped me. We always talked about one day leaving the gang but it wasn't that easy, when you get involved with them its hard to part some people die trying though. I got lucky our leader of the gang had some beef with another gang around and one night when I wasn't there, shit went down and our leader got shot and died the only bad part about that is everyone who witnessed it died as well. Except Jesse, he was one of the best in our gang and because of that they wanted him. So they made a deal if he joined them he'd live if he refuses he dies. So he agreed and I don't know how but thankfully Jesse got in touch with me, explained what happened and said now was my chance to get out, they knew who I was and they wanted to offer me the same deal as Jesse so in order for me to get out of the gang life without being killed i had to leave town, leave the state and that's why I moved in the first place. Coming back here was/is risky and when I seen jess at the beach. He gave me that look something bad was fixing to go down and the guy I beat to death was the leader, I know that because when I was beating him I came across his gang tattoo, then realizing it I had to make sure he didn't go back to the group and have them go after me, you...us I knew I was beating him to his death. I just couldn't say anything, I didn't want too I never wanted you to know about my past. I didn't want you to see me as one of them. But Jesse knows it was me they all do, he got in touch with me shortly after while you were showering. He said to watch my back and be careful because they're coming for me. Jesse was warning me, he doesn't wanna kill me or see me being killed so he warned me." Nick explains it all to me and I'm shocked and scared. I don't want nick to get hurt. It all makes sense why he distanced himself, he didn't want me involved. "You okay baby" nick asks concerned. "No not at all..." I think to myself but instead of telling him that I wasn't..."so what do we need to do now?" I question him ready to do whatever it takes to make this all go away and nick and I stay safe.

"Are we gonna be okay ?" That's all that's running through my mind right now........