chapter 8: words with the enemie

we get done with our pool day and decide to head back to nicks place. while nick goes and changes out of his swim shorts me and jasmine are left a lone in the living room with tension building its kinda awkward I can feel her gaze on me she's dying to say something to me. I go and take a seat onto the couch and wait for nick to come back out when jasmine comes and stands right over me looking down at me "Ha" she laughs unamused "its sad to even watch you make a fool of yourself, to think you have a chance with nick is amusing to me...let's get one thing clear here Kristen I'm only gonna say this once...stop trying and back off he's mine..he doesn't want you you're ugly and a pathetic excuse for a human being he would never want nor get with you he can do so much better, he has so much better..he has me so don't embarrass yourself any further let it go and face the facts that you will never be able to come close to getting him...Kay?" she says to me. a bit taken back and hurt by her words... is she right? am I making a fool of myself?....am I ugly and pathetic? I starting doubting myself a little but then it dawns on me...why is she getting so defensive, unless she's worried and with that thought in my head that's when I stand up and fight back "ha wow jasmine, insecure much? why the need to get all defensive and confront me to "stop"... if I'm as ugly and pathetic as you say I am there's no reason to worry right? that is unless you actually see me as competition and feel the need to say something to try to get me to back off...well news flash jasmine, I like nick okay but just because you want me to back off doesn't mean nick will you can't tell him what to do or control his feeling and for who he feels for so if nick likes me there's nothing you can do about it thats all him and just a wild guess here but I'm gonna go and say he does like me or you are starting to think he does...you can see it and that's why you felt you had to do this and say all that crap to me...your scared...you see me as a threat to you and you hate to face the fact that nick might not want you like you want him and that's why your being so...pathetic" I fire back at her. she just looks at me eyes wide, shocked that I just said all that. hell I'm shocked myself I can't believe I just went off like that...it felt good ! just as she was about to say something "hey I hooked up the play station you girls down to play some video games" nicks voice chimes in as he walks into the living room with a big goofy grin on his face that I love so much... what is this boy doing to me?..