chapter 34: good news

"Honey wake up...WAKE UP...it's here....THE LETTER IS HERE !!" My mom says with excitement as she shakes me from my deep sleep. Not wanting to wake up just yet, still tired from last night's adventure. I open my eyes to see my mom standing over me with a white envelope. Holy shit on toast this is it...I've been waiting for this letter for weeks, this letter will determine weather or not I will be graduating early...taking a deep breath I sit up and grab the envelope from my mother. Nervously I open it unfolding it I begin to read

Dear Kristen,

We are pleased to inform you that with your high curricular activities and your phenomenal GPA scores you are eligible to graduate a year early congratulations. You have a bright future ahead of you !

That's all I had to read for me to jump up and squeal in excitement "I DID IT !!" I yell out in joy "I'm so proud of you Kristen, you've worked so hard you definitely deserve this" my mom tells me. I can't stop smiling it's like this huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders "congratulations sis" my sister casey tells me "thanks guys" I tell them both before bringing them in to a group hug...as I'm hugging them I start to think about my dad I need to call him and tell him, he should know. I want him to know. With that thought I release myself from the hug and reach for my phone dialing his number real quick I wait for an answer...but sadly all I got was a voicemail, knowing this is something I can't just tell him over voicemail I just decided to leave him a short voice message "Hey daddy it's me, look I've got something really exciting to tell you so call me back as soon as you can okay? I love you a lot and miss you so much!" I say into the phone before ending the call...a bit disappointed that he didn't answer I quickly shake the sadness away and decide to give nick a quick text. " baaaaabyyyyyyyy are you still at work ?! I want to see you I have something great to tell you." And send !! *bzzz bzzz* my phone alarmed me of a text. Wow that was fast ? My love♡: hey beautiful I'm actually fixing to get off in like 5 minutes it's sorta slow here today so boss is closing up earlier...great news huh ? Well what is it ?

Me: well telling you through text is no fun :/
I reply back.
*bzzz* he's quick to reply

My love♡: tell me in person then just head over to the apartment I'll be there soon I love you gorgeous :*

He never fails to make me blush..
Me: I love you more handsome...can't wait to see you and tell you :)

With that said I put some presentable clothes on quickly brush my hair and teeth and go to leave giving my mom and sister both a kiss I grab my keys and head out "I'm going to tell nick the news love yall" I shout before closing the door behind me...

Knowing where he keeps the spare key i quickly unlock his front door only to walk into his apartment close the door behind me and lock it again. I make my way to the couch and take a seat.....
Waiting for him to come home was agonizing, I'm just way too excited to tell him the news that the whole 15 minutes that have passed feels like 15 hours !! "Ughhh" I let out a long sigh. Just then I began to hear the sound of the front door being unlocked "eeeeh" I squeal in excitement. Finally! ! With no time wasted I stand up from the couch awaiting for his presence. The door swings open and his figure appears in sight. With no time wasted "BAAAAABYYYYYYYY!!!" I screech in excitement as I run to him jumping into his arms he catches me instantly I wrap my legs around his torso my arms around his neck I just hug him he let's out a manly laugh hugging me just as tight "well hello to you too beautiful" he says to me. I giggle "hi" I tell him shyly a bit embarrassed about my greeting "ya know I definitely could get use to coming home to you. I wouldn't mind getting a hug like that from you after a long day of work" he admits. I blush and as always he notices and plants a soft kiss on my pink tented cheeks then one for my lips he let's our lips linger for a moment before parting "So what's this good news?" He questions me curiously.
"Well, read for yourself..." I tell him with a smile following after, not being able to hide my excitement about it.

"Wait seriously?! That's amazing babe! I'm so proud of you..how come you never told me about this?" Nick response excitedly. "Thanks I'm pretty proud of myself aswell and the only reason I didn't tell you about the possibility of me getting to graduate early is because I didn't want to disappoint you or disappoint myself if it didn't happen, I didn't want to give you possible good news I wanted to give you actual set in stone good news" I explain with a smile on my face.
"I'm so proud of you Kristy baby, we need to go out and celebrate!" Nick says, I smile at the thought of him calling me Kristy baby...he hasn't called me that in awhile! "Okay" I tell him, happy and ready for whatever we do or however we decide to celebrate the good news!....
I wonder if my dad will ever call me back...I push that sad thought away as nick begins to kiss me once more ♡....