Seventeen

"Idiot."

"Can you stop saying that? You're making my headache even worse."

The next morning Taehyung was on their couch, his head was in excruciating pain. Jeongguk was sitting next to him as he patted some ice against the top of his head. The blonde winced at the icy cold temperature and tried to push him away. It'd been weeks since they had any interaction of the sort.

"I can't believe I had to pass out for you to spend time with me," Taehyung whined through pain. Jeongguk sighed and turned to the boy who lay down next to him.

"Sorry."

They didn't speak much after, both of them were focusing on the television in front of them. The silence was soon broken.

"So why did you drink?" Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at the boy who was focused on the show playing. They were watching some cheesy romance, Taehyung's favorite. Jeongguk was more of an action and thriller guy but he would always watch these cliche shows for the other to be happy.

Taehyung flinched at his question, and he suddenly felt a bit nervous. He made a pillow with his hands and rested his head on them.

"Don't know," He shrugged. "I just missed you a lot."

"You missed me?"

"Yeah."

"I missed you too."

"Really?" The blonde shifted his weight to lay on his back. "Because I didn't know that ignoring someone means you miss them."

"All this time without me made you turn really sassy, huh?" Jeongguk chuckled.

"And I guess all this time without me made you become some sort of muscle god or something," Taehyung rolled his eyes. He buried the front of his face into his hands, kicking the back of his legs, or feet, on Jeongguk's lap.

"Well you seemed to be fond of that last night."

"What? Jeongguk did you-"

"Hey! I promise nothing bad happened, why would you think I'd do anything to you?" Jeongguk frowned, he may have become distant but that didn't mean he didn't care about him.

Taehyung sighed, "Actually I'm sorry, I know you wouldn't ever do that. Sorry for assuming that."

"S'Okay."

"Yeah."

The room went silent once again. Sounds of the show were only present, followed by the sounds of Taehyung fidgeting on around the couch. He sighed multiple times, and on the last sigh Jeongguk's attention was diverted to him.

"Gguk."

"Hm?"

"Can we just go back to normal again?"

"W- What do you mean."

"You know what I mean, Jeongguk. You got a girlfriend and you just-"

"She's not my girlfriend!" Jeongguk furroed his eyebrows in frustration. The blonde's expression was in shot at his outburst. The black haired's expression softened and he looked away in guilt. "She's not my girlfriend, okay?"

Taehyung didn't say much, he just continued to stair at their ceiling. He wasn't sure what he was feeling, but for some reason he couldn't help but crack a smile.