Chapter 37 - Friend or Foe?

We all step out of the bus me still trying not to hurl on the sidewalk as Izuku continues to give me words of encouragement alongside Mina and Momo who are discussing how to help me with my motion sickness.

"Here you damn salamander. And don't tell anyone I gave you this." Katsuki says as he gives me a bag.

"Oh yeah sure man..." I continue trembling trying anything to distract myself from throwing up still, "I can do that."

"Tch whatever." He says as he shoulder bumps me but considering my delicate state I just end up throwing up which causes him to yell at me, "You damn extra get away from me! You better not get puke all over my uniform!" Everyone cringes as they look my way.

"I'm sorry Katsuki I didn't mean to do it."

"It's alright but you better go get yourself fixed up." I just nod as I held my stomach and walked away, everyone stood there surprised that Katsuki was even remotely nice for once.

I still have the bag in my arms as I enter the bathroom, there was a long counter against the wall and in front of mirrors. I put the bag down on the counter as I walk over to the sink and rinse my mouth with water getting the disgusting taste of puke out of my mouth. "Oh, that was disgusting," I complain to myself as I wipe my mouth.

"Saltine crackers, a bottle of water, and ginger ale." A voice calls from the entrance of the bathroom where I had left the bag Katsuki gave me. I look over and see a guy standing there wearing a black suit with green lining, the guy himself had jet black hair and matching eyes. "If I knew any better I would assume you suffer from motion sickness." He may have a kind smile and face but something about him felt off.

"Uh, yeah but it's not that bad. Nerves are just getting to me you know."

His smile never faltered but he had a certain glint in his eyes seeing that I didn't deny the motion sickness. He walked to me and held the bag out, "Yeah I can understand that, it happened my first time taking the test too." I reached over and took the bag back, "You know you looked really cool on TV. You almost looked unstoppable."

"Oh, thanks I guess but I was just fighting. I'm sure you would put up a pretty good fight too."

He smirks up at me before turning away and walking out of the restroom, "You wouldn't want to get into a fight with me quirk versus quirk. Oh, just to be nice you should put on your hero suit. Everyone else is." I let out a growl once the door in the restroom close, my stomach was no longer upset with my motion sickness but now it was unsettled with this new guy. He seemed to have a grudge or something to prove, I will have to keep my eyes on him.

/////

I'm walking back chewing on some of the crackers from the bag so Katsuki wouldn't have to worry about me. I meet up with everyone again. When I get to everyone the guy up in the front starts speaking, "Seems like everyone's here, now I'm going to say this once so make sure you all pay attention." He then holds up a small disk, "These little things are targets, everyone gets three of them and you have to place them somewhere visible so don't go getting disqualified for putting them under your arms or on the inside of your thighs." There is a video showing where are some of the places you can and cannot put the disks. "You also get these orange balls to throw on each target," He puts the ball he's holding onto the target and we see it turn red, "If you get all three target's hit you must leave the arena immediately, when you eliminate two competitors your disk will light up blue meaning you pass and you will meet in a specific room. Oh also after the first one hundred candidates finish everyone will be forced off the platform. Good luck to you all and get ready."

We're surprised at the number of people who can pass, Mr. Aizawa told us half of us would be passing, "Man being a hero is hard." I mutter to myself.