Chapter 2

*Northern Parliament Outpost

*Evan/My POV

After clearing off the remaining Sirens, we arrived at some sort of island where a peach blonde girl greeted us. 

"Good morning, Comrade~ I'm Murmansk, from the fleet in charge of the Sanctum's defense. " The girl introduced herself to us.

"I'm Forbin from Iris Libre." Forbin introduced herself.

"I'm Le Triomphant from Iris Libre. Both of us are accompanying Le Capitaine along for this journey." Le Triomphant introduced herself 

"Where's Tallinn?" I asked. 

"The flagship of the defense fleet, Tallinn, is currently busy commanding, so I am in charge of making sure you all docksafely. Right this way~" Murmansk replied before letting us in. 

"How's the current situation?" I asked once we're in. 

"Sovetskaya Rossiya might have already begun her offensive. The Sirens started to significantly change their behavior today." Murmansk replied. 

"I see." I commented. 

"They did not pull their forces back as we were hoping. Instead, their attacks have been more ferocious than ever." Murmansk revealed a downside to me. 

I was speechless once I heard what Murmansk said. 

"After launching an attack on their base, Omitter did show some signs of being flustered, but instead of turning her fleet around, she's doubled down on the offensive..." Kirov further explained. 

"Sounds like what Omitter will do." I thought.

"This is indeed the best decision for the Sirens, given their lack of concern for casualties. We may have underestimated her decision making just because of her comical demeanor." Belorussiya interrupted my thoughts. 

"She is the mastermind behind the Sirens in the Arctic front, after all... Hmph, but there's nothing more to it than that. In the face of our mighty Polar Fleet, clarity of mind is not enough to account for the fact that they can't sufficiently reinforce their front lines. As long as we clear out the remainder of their forces here, the Sanctum will no longer be in danger. After that, we can start doing the things we came here for!" Kirov suggested. 

"I agree." I replied. 

"Mm~ That's what Tallinn had in mind as well. Our fleet is currently holding the enemy back from several directions. I'd love to play it cool and say we have everything under control, but to be honest, the fighting is really fierce out there and we could use the help... Comrade, I hope you'll be able to lend us your aid and protect the Sanctum!" Murmansk turned her attention to me.   

"Of course." I replied. 

"Thanks a ton! It's an honor to fight by your side!" Murmansk thanked me. 

"I've got a centipede to squash anyway." I thought.