Chapter 9

*??? 

*Evan/My POV 

"Where am I?" I asked myself. This place I'm in looks like an auditorium of some sort. I looked down and realized that I'm in my Askran Evan outfit with my Binding Blade behind my waist. 

"Chief of the Askran Navy General Staff Fleet Admiral Evan." I posed in my Askran Evan outfit before a man, a familiar looking woman and a commander went into the auditorium. 

"If we adopt this plan, there may be a chance of success. However, we must ensure that the jamming device remains operational as long as possible. In the meantime, we'll have to hold the line while evacuations are carried out. In other words..." The man said before being interrupted. 

"We already know this, Dr. Aoste. We've taken it upon ourselves to build upon this framework." The Commander interrupted. 

"...I understand. But even if that is the case, everyone has already sustained heavy losses. The actual feasibility of the timeframe you provided must still be carefully evaluated..." The man, Dr Aoste replied. 

"What are they talking about?" I asked in my thoughts. 

"Worry not. I will also help buy time for you." The familiar looking woman assured. 

"...Dr. Anzeel?" Dr Aoste looked at the familiar looking woman. 

"Dr Anzeel." I thought, now remembering where I met the woman. 

"I've already issued too many communications through the process of commanding the operation, and they've likely already identified me for destruction. As long as I can continue to draw their attention, I should be able to alleviate the pressure in other places, giving you more time to implement the plan." Dr Anzeel notified. 

"But, what will happen to you then?" Dr Aoste asked. 

"After such a fiasco, someone always has to bear the responsibility. Only now, there aren't many people left who can shoulder that burden." Dr Anzeel replied. 

"I see... You can bring your KAN-SEN along as well. However, I would like Code G to accompany my Antiochus if possible." Dr Aoste replied. 

"Very well. You can have Enterprise, and whoever else manages to survive. However, take them as far away from NY City as you can. Never let them return here." Dr Anzeel instructed. 

"...Without you here, I'm not sure I'll be able to control them..." Dr Aoste seems doubtful. 

"What happened to the ever-so-wise and stoic Magister? You have no choice but to give those children both a purpose and the responsibility that comes with it, right?" Dr Anzeel asked. 

"...Even after you "betrayed" us, I still believe we see things eye-to-eye. And I think what you're doing is just. I completely understand you, and I trust that in their hearts, they understand you as well... I'm sure they'll need some time to accept it, but they will come to understand you one day... Yes, I'm sure of it..." Dr Anzeel continued talking before everything turned black. 

"Sir Evan!" 

"Le Capitaine!" 

I felt my body being shaken and I opened my eyes to see Le Triomphant, Lady Forbin, Kirov and Murmansk by my side. 

"Oh, you've returned? We've finally made some progress. There seems to be a passageway that goes deeper into this research facility, from this point here on the iceberg with the control room." Kirov informed 

"Hm... Weird stuff happened when we got across the Gate. Do you think we'll be able to leave the way we came through?" Murmansk asked. 

"We'll never know until we try." Kirov replied while I slowly got up. After I got up, I realized I'm back to wearing my Service Dress Blue Uniform. 

"Code G, Antiochus." I thought